Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good journal/diary programs for the mac? BTW, I'm running Mac OS 9. :(

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Hmm

How about SimpleText? :) That way, your journal/diary is saved in an "industry-standard" format (plain text), so that if you ever want to switch "diary programs," it will be easy. Also, SimpleText is, of course, free.

You could either have one big diary text file, or you could have your own diary folder with one file per day/week/month/whatever. Just use OS 9's built-in Encrypt function to encrypt the file(s) when you're done editing them. When/if you switch to OS X, in the event that you choose the multiple files approach, you could simply save them all on an encrypted disk image.

If your diary/journal is something you want to share, you could write it in HTML (perhaps with the help of a free WYSIWYG editor like Netscape or Mozilla Composer) and use HTML links and targets to make the journal easier to navigate.

Alex

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Re: Re: Hmm..

Originally posted by ponyboy

http://homepage.mac.com/dschimpf/main.html This guy just won a scholorship contest from apple for this program it might be worth checking... again OSX sorry.... curious what is keeping you from switching?

I don't have Final Cut Pro 3 yet. I finally got a copy of Photoshop 7 all I need now to complete the conversion is Final Cut, then I'll fully switch. Till I get the cash, I won't fully switch.

thanks for the help though

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
300 is a lot of cash.

I have FCP 3 and now I need to shell out some dough, not much lessthat 300 for a firewire drive to store the media files. Still, the education prices are a great deal, what I wouldn't give to be a student again. On the otherhand, If ou're into editing, try to find an open editing class at your local school, most places have them as continuing ed. You can get the ed priced gear and you might even learn something;)

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Most classes offered here are for iMovie. I already know how to use it. I would be wasting time and even MORE money. Wow:eek: even the upgrade for Final Cut is at least $200. Eh...maybe next month if I don't find something to "accidently" waste my money on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.