Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MontrealMonger

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
With Booq out of business and Peak Design no longer making their 15-inch Everyday Messenger, what are people going for when looking for a large messenger bag with a laptop compartment and loads of space for various items? Thinking specifically for when I'm travelling without checked luggage, when I'll want to pack a large "personal item" laptop bag.

cdames00

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
I've got a variety; I picked up a used Tumi for when I need to be more business like, but my day to day bags are 5.11 Rush Delivery bags.

Reactions: MontrealMonger

meson

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2014
I'm a fan of Timbuk2 as well. Back around 2004 my wife got me a custom XL Timbuk2 messenger bag. I put my laptop in a sleeve, and carried it as my daily bag during grad school up until about 2 years ago. It took nearly two decades worth of use and abuse and is still in excellent condition. It has plenty of room for transporting a laptop and leaves plenty of room to pack for a trip. I've managed to fit enough stuff in it for a weeklong conference in the past.

Since I no longer transport books and large stacks of papers back and forth between work and home, I've downsized my work bag to a much smaller Timbuk2 Commute messenger bag. It is an older style that I found for a steep discount. With its builtin compartments, it will hold far more stuff than I expected. I can pack in my necessary electronics and still have room for a 2-3 changes of clothes in the main compartment for a short trip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.