Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alasta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Over the last couple of days, I've been unable to get into iLounge. Attempting to load their site brings up:

"Error Message
This site is currently unavailable"

Does anyone know why they're off air? I guess the most likely reason is that they've been the subject of legal threats, but I'd be curious to know if that's true.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
ilounge.com, both the main and forum pages, are working fine from here. Perhaps there is another problem getting in your way?

Alasta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
I've tried it on both my home (Mac) and work (PC) computers, and I get the same error. I wondered if was being forwarded to a retired web server as a result of an out of date DNS record, so I fetched the webserver's IP address (209.240.86.245) from http://www.dnsstuff.com, and I still get the same result.

How bizarre!

Alasta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
mad jew said:
Do you use the same ISP at work and at home? It's working well for me. :)

Nope, different ISPs.

Interestingly, forums.ilounge.com and gallery.ilounge.com are working fine, but ilounge.com is definitely a no-go. This supports my theory that they've introduced a new web server and there are out of date DNS records floating around, so if I leave it for another couple of days then it'll probably come right.

Thanks for testing it anyway! It's good to know that the site hasn't been shut down, because I've found it really useful on many occassions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.