Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Buying a pizza that costs £10.95 when you only had a £20 gives way too much change...

Attachments

• SDC10043.JPG
    SDC10043.JPG
    440.1 KB · Views: 255

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Never understood the fixation with keeping Condoms in ones wallet. It's either A) incase someone jumps on you on the bus because of the 'Lynx Effect' or, and more likely, B) To try and look cool, because in reality, you wouldn't know which side is the top.

:rolleyes:

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Im a cash guy. Keeping that old style 50 as long as I can! Most of the cards are debit, although one is a credit card and another is a gas card.
DSC02167.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

I like the tall wallets, never liked the trifold or bifold. But I usually wear my wallet in my breast pocket of suit or overcoat. Lost my old wallet just like the one pictured and took me forever to find another one like it.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
^^ got the sameee Microsoft Keyboard..although I kept the plastic part on the top black bar favorite keys...if I take it off it'll look soo new, I'm so tempted..but then i know it;ll look bad after like a week.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
^^ got the sameee Microsoft Keyboard..although I kept the plastic part on the top black bar favorite keys...if I take it off it'll look soo new, I'm so tempted..but then i know it;ll look bad after like a week.

Mines been fine and I have had it around a year.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Press Card
3 business cards
"Health card" (sort of a social security card, mixed with a library card and so on)
Visa Card
Drivers license
Access Card for work

Yup, that's it. Boring as hell. It's a home made card sleeve, thick saddle leather, perforated all over the place – still stiff, though.

gregdrummeraz

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Glendale, az
Never understood the fixation with keeping Condoms in ones wallet. It's either A) incase someone jumps on you on the bus because of the 'Lynx Effect' or, and more likely, B) To try and look cool, because in reality, you wouldn't know which side is the top.

:rolleyes:

It even looks stale and corroded haha.

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006

Random cards (bank and stores), drivers license (pink), student ID (orange), public transport ticket with old ones underneath (yellow), about EUR 8.50 in cash and then: postage stamp (EUR 0.55), piece of film, random memorabilia from 4 years ago.

and i made that wallet myself. it's fake leather, because that's easier to work with.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Im a cash guy. Keeping that old style 50 as long as I can! Most of the cards are debit, although one is a credit card and another is a gas card.

I like the tall wallets, never liked the trifold or bifold. But I usually wear my wallet in my breast pocket of suit or overcoat. Lost my old wallet just like the one pictured and took me forever to find another one like it.

Where did you find a tall checkbook wallet. I can never find them since I guess no one carries a checkbook anymore. I don't either but I much prefer those tall wallets but ended up buying a trifold since that is all I could find at the mall.

jaws01

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2006
2964737524_7424f5f541.jpg

Column 1
FutureShop Store Credit Card
Royal Back Debit Card
Capital One MasterCard
President Choice MasterCard
Social Insurance Number
MEC membership card

Column 2
Drivers License
Air Miles
Petro Canada Points Card
Petro Canada Fuel Savings Card
StarBucks Card

Column 3
Business Cards
Library Card
Group Insurance Card
Sales Person Permit Card
Birth Certificate
Government Health Insurance Card
Vehicle Insurance Certificate
Automotive Mechanic License
Video Store Membership Card

Bottom Row
$25 Canadian Bills
iPhone Polishing Cloth
J.Fold Wallet

L

Lau

Ooh, I love threads like this.

I am a bit of a minimalist freak when it comes to my wallet. It's partly because I have a really simple wallet and so have to be, but I hate carrying a load of cards around. I swore off loyalty cards a couple of years ago as I seemed to be getting more and more, and was just a faff to keep track of them, but have gone back to having a Tesco card.

1. Visa debit card
  2. Visa card
  3. Oyster card (although should take this out as it's usually only in there when I go into London)
  4. Tiny 4GB USB drive
  5. Tesco clubcard (the mini one)
  6. Photo Of Boyfriend Of Loveliness
  7. Train Ticket Of Sentimentality (this was on journey to see Boyfriend Of Loveliness and conductor happened to have a heart-shaped punch. He has the other ticket (the boyfriend, not the conductor)
  8. 66p!

Attachments

• teh_walletage.jpg
    teh_walletage.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 129

miamiracing

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
Arlington,VA ; Nashville,TN
here mine

wallet itself:

cimg0898hw1.jpg

here the inside:

cimg0901fw9.jpg

Row One(Left): little case with Drivers License and Insurance Information

Row Two: Business Card , Delta Gold Amex, Bank of America Credit Card, Bank of America Checking Card, Best Buy Reward zone card

Row Three: Business Card , Picture of my GF and her little sister

Row four: backup time cards (from work)

Row Five: some change

November

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
.AU
Wallet? hah! Currently in my money clip:

$40 cash (try to keep $50 - $70)
Credit Card
Drivers License
4 of my Business cards

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
CIMG1520.jpg

Gift Cards
Blockbuster
Petco
Reward Zone
Business card
FSA PIN
Car Insurance
Health Insurance
Student ID
Driver's License
Bank of America Credit Card
Bank of America Debit Card
Pen Fed Credit Card
CAD
Pet Perks
Dave & Busters
$1

tripledotagree

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I'll play:

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

$94
School ID (school name blurred out for privacy purposes)
AAA Card
MBTA Student Charlie Card (RFID Subway card)
MBTA Commuter Rail 10-Ride Ticket
MBTA Commuter Rail Schedule
Massachusetts Under 21 Driver's License
Library Card
Panera Bread Gift Card
FYE Gift Card
Blockbuster Gift Card
Best Buy Gift Card

I just wanted to ask a few questions about your student MBTA pass. I am a college student and to me, college students are considered students. Unfortunately, the MBTA only seems to think that high school students need the discount so student MBTA passes are only available through high schools.

In my way to save money (as a broke college student), I am considering asking a high school buddy to purchase a student pass for me. I was hoping you could tell me a little bit more about obtaining a student pass. Does the pass have a photo or student name prohibiting me from using the pass or will my plan actually pull together?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Cash, California Driver's License, ID, Discover Card, Citi Mastercard, Costco and Sam's Club membership cards, Wells fargo debit card, and health insurance cards. ...All in my Mighty Wallet. :)

Attachments

• snapshot-1277012463.571868.jpg
    snapshot-1277012463.571868.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 118

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I just wanted to ask a few questions about your student MBTA pass. I am a college student and to me, college students are considered students. Unfortunately, the MBTA only seems to think that high school students need the discount so student MBTA passes are only available through high schools.

In my way to save money (as a broke college student), I am considering asking a high school buddy to purchase a student pass for me. I was hoping you could tell me a little bit more about obtaining a student pass. Does the pass have a photo or student name prohibiting me from using the pass or will my plan actually pull together?
This is only a student version of the Charlie Card to pre-load money for the discounted fare ($0.85 for the Subway), it wasn't an unlimited access card. If you need an unlimited card then I'm not sure how to help you as I've never had one. From what I've seen of the unlimited cards they don't have any name or photo on them, but they're only valid Mon-Fri until 8pm on days that the school it was purchased from is in session, so that could possibly become a slight problem for you.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
To the 2 Canadians that posted their wallet contents, don't carry your SIN card leave it at home. If your wallet ever gets stolen so will your identity. And that can be a real mess.

Never carry your birth certificate or Social Insurance Card (SIN card) around they are only needed when applying for a job not for general ID.

tripledotagree

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
This is only a student version of the Charlie Card to pre-load money for the discounted fare ($0.85 for the Subway), it wasn't an unlimited access card. If you need an unlimited card then I'm not sure how to help you as I've never had one. From what I've seen of the unlimited cards they don't have any name or photo on them, but they're only valid Mon-Fri until 8pm on days that the school it was purchased from is in session, so that could possibly become a slight problem for you.

Thanks for the speedy reply. i'll try to figure something out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.