Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
As I'm not at my Mac at the moment, here goes, Spotlight, Time and Date, Bluetooth, Airport.
I use to have PSPware, .Mac, Audio, Display, Stuffit, but on my 12" Powerbook it took up to much of the menubar and login was significantly slower, so I figured removing them was best.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Left to right: Quicksilver, Synergy Advance, Dragthing, Konfabulator, Airport, Sound Source, Keyboards, CeePeeYou

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 836

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Weel on my iBook is Ejector, HimmelBar, iSnip, MainMenu, Displays, Classic, Bluetooth, Time and Battery. I also have a couple more when using my external monitor :D

menu7ku.jpg

::20ROGERSC::

Applespider

macrumors G4
Nothing wildly different here.

The Shuffle logo is my Synergy iTunes controls (the volume doesn't work though)

The Pacman ghost is called 'Spirited Away' which is a clever little app that makes background apps automatically hide after a set amount of time (you can choose to have selected apps not disappear)

And the pink twirl is Pinki which is useful if you want to add thumbnails to your image files without opening them up and saving them.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 836

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
akm said:
Ooh, how did you manage the flag without the CSA? :)

Actually just a little hack I threw together. PM me/e-mail me if you like and we can arrange me sending you the files and the instructions - it's pretty simple actually. :cool:

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Thanks for all the people that recommended http://menu.jeweledplatypus.org/. I'm pretty sure I saw it recommended in another post on the forums. I just downloaded Himmel Bar from the site and am very impressed. After configuring it to show only my favorite utilities (I use the dock for my apps and have my finder well configured but still, a dropdown for very frequent utilites is great). The interface is nice once you customize it and it's nice to get free apps. My only concern is that it seems to be taking up a fair bit of RAM.

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Here's mine:
attachment.php

From left to right:
Classic Status, CeePeeYou, .Mac Sync, Displays, Bluetooth, Airport, Volume, Clock, Fast user switching, and Spotlight

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,148

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
konfabulator (for the calendar, todo list, and RAM meter)
MenuMeters: CPU Usage
MenuMeters: D/L Speed
Bluetooth
Airport
Volume
Battery
Day/Time
Spotlight

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 104

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Sigh...
Wireless
Battery
McAfee
Zone Alarm

Attachments

• menubar.jpg
    menubar.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,424

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
From L-R:

iTunes controls (courtesy of Butler)
Drop Down menu feat. frequently used apps not worthy of dock space (courtesy of Butler)
Bluetooth
Airport
Battery
Time
Spotlight

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 840

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
~Shard~ said:
Mine's pretty simple. Although I have incorporated a hack to show a Canadian flag without the annoying "CSA" along with it. :cool:
What keyboard layout is associated with it? Is it still the french layout?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
neocell said:
What keyboard layout is associated with it? Is it still the french layout?

Nope, that's the beautiful thing, it's not! I'll be e-mailing another member who also inquired about this with details and files tonight when I get home, so PM me if you want me to contact you as well.

Oh, but I think this might only work on Panther, since that's where it was done. I don't know if it will work on Tiger...

Let me know!

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
~Shard~ said:
Nope, that's the beautiful thing, it's not! I'll be e-mailing another member who also inquired about this with details and files tonight when I get home, so PM me if you want me to contact you as well.

Oh, but I think this might only work on Panther, since that's where it was done. I don't know if it will work on Tiger...

Let me know!
Just PM'd you. Thanks. I'll let you know if it works with 10.4

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
michaelrjohnson said:
Is there anyone else who uses MenuMeters that has difficulty getting it to display temperatures? :confused:

It will only show me the CPU activity when I select temperature. I've passively struggled with it for quite a while now.

You're probably selecting "Thermometer", which is just the display style. There's no CPU temp thing in MenuMeters.

Here's me:
Quicksilver, Konfabulator, Hardware Monitor, PC Card thingy, MenuMeters, Airport, Bat, Clock, Modem, Spotlight

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 132

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
I can't post a screen because I'm on my PC desktop right now but I'll just list them off from memory:

Desktop Manager
Meteorologist
Airport
Keychain
Battery
Clock
Spotlight

Also.. I've noticed that there quite a few of laptop users in this thread yet none of them use Desktop Manager.. for shame!

I urge all of you pbook and ibook users to give it a shot (especially the 12"ers).

http://desktopmanager.berlios.de/screenshots.php

kewpid

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2003
airport, scripts, battery, keyboard, date&time, spotlight

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,353
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.