Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mslittlebookowl

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
1. From Apple directly with education price which will be $1399 with the free beats headphones
2. Best Buy currently on sale for $1424 with my $100 student coupon thingy = $1324

Will BB they price match Apple education price? If they do and with the coupon, it could go as low as $1299. What about the beats headphone, is that matched too?

jmikhail490

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Northern NJ
Theres just something about buying directly from apple that eases my mind. Although BB is a huge retailer I just don't know.... for that price difference to me personally I would go with Apple because I heard BB changed up their return policy and charge a restocking fee, Im not positive don't quote me but Ive seen several people post about ir recently so I would look into it.

Buying from apple is so easy and convenient and you know for a fact you have 14 days no questions asked.

Just my thoughts. Goodluck!

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I doubt it. Apple's student discount is separate from Best Buy's and Best Buy don't have to match it.

I'd buy it from Apple since they give you free headphones which you can sell to make the total price lower.

They'll be lucky to sell them, ebay is awash with them for exactly this reason, they are currently practically worthless, unless you want to keep them.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
If you have a Best Buy rewards card, you will eventually get back another ~3% or so from the purchase, which came to me as a $45 certificate about a month after purchase. I buy largely from Best Buy today because there is one 10 minutes from me as opposed to 90 minutes for the nearest Apple Store, and as an Elite member, I get 45 days for returns. Best Buy has actually greatly improved in recent years; their pricing is generally fair on most items, they will price match without too much difficulty, and returns are usually easy as well. Even the people who work their while they may not be tech geniuses, are generally enthusiasts like all of us and nice enough to deal with.

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

z31fanatic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2015
Mukilteo, WA USA
Best Buy has actually greatly improved in recent years; their pricing is generally fair on most items, they will price match without too much difficulty, and returns are usually easy as well. Even the people who work their while they may not be tech geniuses, are generally enthusiasts like all of us and nice enough to deal with.
Agree with this. I have been shopping pretty frequently at Best Buy in the last two years.
Their prices are not always MSRP like they used to. They always have sales going on plus they price match pretty much all of the major online retailers which is a plus when you need something right away and don't want to wait for shipping.
Plus they frequently have sales on Macs.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
Best Buy often has the best deal, especially after the $100 coupon. After that, you can still get AppleCare and bring it to the Apple Store for support. It's a win-win.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.