Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickvansmack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
What is the mac equivalent of the Windows software?

What advice do you have for me as I want to edit lectures from Cassette to my Mac and to burn CDs of them.

Thanks!
nick

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
zamyatin said:
I should probably not reply, since I don't know what CoolEdit is. But here I am anyway.

Have you considered Audacity? Open source, cross-platform audio editing app... http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
I tried to find a cool edit replacement too when I got my G4 Cube a few years ago, I had no luck, and just ran it in Virtual PC...but there are alternatives such as Peak LE and sound edit (I didn't really like them that much), but they are good software.

Check on apples website on the "Made for Mac" section and there are lots of software you can search for.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
nickvansmack said:
What is the mac equivalent of the Windows software?

What advice do you have for me as I want to edit lectures from Cassette to my Mac and to burn CDs of them.

Thanks!
nick

Audio Hijack works really well. You can import in whatever format you like and then burn the CD thru iTunes, Toast, OSX, whatever.

nickvansmack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
zamyatin
I should probably not reply, since I don't know what CoolEdit is. But here I am anyway.

Have you considered Audacity? Open source, cross-platform audio editing app... http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

That's a great piece of software. I just downloaded it and works perfect :D. Nice interface too! best of all, its free.

carletonmusic
Audio Hijack works really well. You can import in whatever format you like and then burn the CD thru iTunes, Toast, OSX, whatever.

Where can I find Audio Hijack? Curious as to see how this works vs. Audacity. Though I like Audacity.

:confused: Also, one other "dumb" question...

how do I put my icon image next to my name when posting here...like some other folks do...???

thanks! nick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.