Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
IL
As of the writing of this post, it appears that Sherlock is down. Can anyone else verify this for me? Does anyone know how this works? I assume that it accesses an Apple site...

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: What's up with Sherlock?

Originally posted by crazytom
As of the writing of this post, it appears that Sherlock is down. Can anyone else verify this for me? Does anyone know how this works? I assume that it accesses an Apple site...
Huh? Works fine for me.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
IL
It's working for me now, too.

All of the channels greyed out one by one, first internet, then dictionary, pictures, stocks and nothing would load for about an hour. I guess it was just a temporary glitch on Apple's end.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Originally posted by crazytom
It's working for me now, too.

All of the channels greyed out one by one, first internet, then dictionary, pictures, stocks and nothing would load for about an hour. I guess it was just a temporary glitch on Apple's end.
What makes you think that Sherlock passes through Apple servers? What makes you think it would need to do so?

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Originally posted by MisterMe
What makes you think that Sherlock passes through Apple servers? What makes you think it would need to do so?

I don't know, I'm an idiot maybe --- or just crazy? :D

I thought it ~might~ pass through an Apple server because I could access the internet with Safari and Mail just fine, but Sherlock was unresponsive: not just one channel, but all of the channels, including AppleCare...what are the odds that all of those sites would be down at the same time? Now that I look at how Sherlock operates, I'm going to chalk it up to one of those freak things that have been happening on my machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.