Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDBGOD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Alright so I just bought my first mac last weekend (the 2.16ghz one). I'm all about the music so I downloaded Limewire for OSX. Now for some reason my mac has been acting up. When I put it into sleep mode, as soon as I wake it up it asks me to restart my computer. I keep getting messages saying that mac OSX had to quit for some reason. Sometimes it won't shut down properly. I deleted the Limewire folder and I just can't seem to figure out the problem.

Seems like Limewire was a bad idea and since I have no idea on how to deal with macs I'm completely lost.

IDBGOD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Well I have no idea what else would have caused it if Limewire didn't. I didn't have these problems until I downloaded it. It's a brand new computer and the only things I've downloaded has been the fan control and Limewire.

IDBGOD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
.....But I deleted Limewire and it's still weird. So what do I do? Return the computer for a new one?

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
That dosent seem to be the problem since those settings are normal. If you can I think you should try to exchange it for another. But instead of limewire try frostwire. I use it and I have never had any problems with it. Plus its just like limewire.

IDBGOD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Ok thanks alot. Hopefully it will stop acting up. If not it's not really a big deal to return it since I just bought it.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
Ok thanks alot. Hopefully it will stop acting up. If not it's not really a big deal to return it since I just bought it.

download app zapper - completely delete any limewire software. download the app MainMenu, run some cleaning drills. download Xtorrent to download music - great app. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.