What's wrong with my computer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IDBGOD, Jan 10, 2007.

1. IDBGOD macrumors newbie

Alright so I just bought my first mac last weekend (the 2.16ghz one). I'm all about the music so I downloaded Limewire for OSX. Now for some reason my mac has been acting up. When I put it into sleep mode, as soon as I wake it up it asks me to restart my computer. I keep getting messages saying that mac OSX had to quit for some reason. Sometimes it won't shut down properly. I deleted the Limewire folder and I just can't seem to figure out the problem.

Seems like Limewire was a bad idea and since I have no idea on how to deal with macs I'm completely lost.

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Sounds like faulty ram, limewire is probably not the cause.

3. IDBGOD thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have no idea what else would have caused it if Limewire didn't. I didn't have these problems until I downloaded it. It's a brand new computer and the only things I've downloaded has been the fan control and Limewire.

4. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Exactly; Limewire is a RAM hog, so faulty RAM should act up a lot while using it

5. IDBGOD thread starter macrumors newbie

.....But I deleted Limewire and it's still weird. So what do I do? Return the computer for a new one?

6. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

What are the settings of your fan? That could be the problem.

7. IDBGOD thread starter macrumors newbie

8. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

That dosent seem to be the problem since those settings are normal. If you can I think you should try to exchange it for another. But instead of limewire try frostwire. I use it and I have never had any problems with it. Plus its just like limewire.

9. IDBGOD thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks alot. Hopefully it will stop acting up. If not it's not really a big deal to return it since I just bought it.

10. Reel1 macrumors member

Reel1

You may want to try to repair your permissions.

Applications >> Utilities>>Disk Utility>>Repair

Good luck

11. mac000 macrumors 6502a

download app zapper - completely delete any limewire software. download the app MainMenu, run some cleaning drills. download Xtorrent to download music - great app. :D