Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Hi people

We've been working on getting an email system up and going on my site, and so far it's been going quite well.

However, Safari is having serious issues displaying the page. It renders fine in Firefox and Internet Exploder, however it looks majorly wrong in Safari, and we don't want to go any further until we've got all the issues sorted out.

The page can be found at http://www.boshty.co.uk/mail.

If anybody can give me some pointers as to why it's having such big problems in Safari, I'd HUGELY appreciate it!

:D

Thanks,
Alex

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Google.com counts over 100 :)

We've stuck an error over the top in Safari, but it's still accessable in Firefox.

We're going to try making a simpler interface just for Safari users...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
This page will not display properly in your browser.
To solve this problem, please use a real browser such as Firefox

Insulting your users is a great way to build trust and get repeat visitors, I mean after all, it's up to them to work around your code...

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
"This page will not display properly in your browser.
To solve this problem, please use a real browser such as LoosingOneCustomer@aTime"

AND, having seen before, using JS to restrict use to one browser, I disabled JS: AND

"This page uses Javascript.
If your browser doesn't support Javascript or you have it turned off, please enable Javascript or use a real browser such as LoosingOneCustomer@aTime"

EDIT: Sarcasm aside. If you can't get the page working in a browser, SAY SO- Say

"We are having problems displaying this page in your current browser. Please join our email list to be informed when we fix our huge @$$ problem, in the mean time in anticipation you can remove your fake browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer"

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Yeh, as I said, we've stuck an error page over the top to prevent Safari users from seeing a goofed up page. We're working on a simpler alternative which Safari users will be redirected to...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.