Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnyG

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Been sat at 97% for a while now, launch day PM. Had been starting to worry about the battery but things seem to have improved a lot with iOS 17, for me at least.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Curly1

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2021
Australia
Launch day 14Pro. Mine seems to be going down fast in the last few months. It was 94% the day before I installed iOS17. The next day it was 93. Today it’s 92. I charge it every night on a Mophie wireless charger and top it up during the day on an Apple MagSafe. I’m quite a heavy user. Very annoying.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
It was 90% when I upgraded to the 15 Pro. The phone was from launch week and I exclusively used the Apple 20w charger every night to charge it.

inthequantum

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
The variance in last years Pro Max 14 battery life is wild. People either have 100-98% left or 91-88% left. I was in the latter group and happy to be sailing with the new iPhone 15 Pro Max. It is so much lighter and didn’t realize how much the titanium would feel different. The overheating issues are overstated and I would encourage anyone to upgrade especially dealing with bad battery life in the former model.

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
So I’ve been stuck on 94% health however coconutBattery proves it only fluctuated down to 94% and the real capacity is still between 95% and 97%

1696571256842.png

ArchEtech

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2022
Another % down in 2 weeks. More than that though, I just seem to be charging so much more often than I did when I got the phone.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Another week, another % drop. I'm now at 90%. I should probably stop checking.
Another month gone, I'm now at 85%. At this pace, I should be down to 80% by Thanksgiving. Insanity.

For those that have done battery replacements, what was your experience? Do they do it right at the Apple Store? I’m a bit wary of my phone being returned with scratches and generally looking like it was taken apart.

Last edited:

mav2012

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
Do they do it right at the Apple Store?
Yes, can take up to a couple hours though so be prepared to wait :)
I’m a bit wary of my phone being returned with scratches and generally looking like it was taken apart.
If you have a spare phone/camera, take photos of the phone at the store before you hand it over to the tech so you can contest any post-replacement scratches/damage. I wouldn't worry about the phone being 'taken apart' as Apple restore the water proofing adhesive as part of the battery replacement process.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
I don’t believe for a second that the way I’ve been using and charging my phone for the past year has somehow been more detrimental to my battery’s health than others who are still at 98-100%. So with my battery currently at 85%, should I believe that “Optimized Battery Charging” is a gimmick or that some phones out there have much lower quality batteries than others? I suspect the latter and am wondering if anyone is looking into this?

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
99% today. 8 month old 14PM, mainly MagSafe charging.

Don’t know if it’s bad or not, but still have loads of juice left in end of the day usually after heavy use.

Reactions: LacrosseChic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.