Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Back on topic though, who really wants/needs VoIP in Whatsapp?
Last time I checked, this was possible via Viber and I've never used it more than twice.

hurrican3

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
Anyone know if we can use the .14 beta by just installing it? Would it work or get stuck at Installing?

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Nothing supports quick reply! IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE IOS 8 API!

Sorry I didn't know
Since I'm not a developer, I got all confused with the iOS 8 updates

Back on topic though, who really wants/needs VoIP in Whatsapp?
Last time I checked, this was possible via Viber and I've never used it more than twice.

Yeah, but it's a nice option to have.

I just want to send full size photo as an option!

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I am quite frustrated with WhatsApp on my 6+. Its way past the acceptable time to update it.

I feel your pain...

I wish I could just ditch whatsapp, but unfortunately for me everyone I know uses it. There are much better solutions about from developers that actually give a s***, but it's the userbase that makes an instant messenger app....

ck16

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
Anyone know how i can get the beta to work? Its not able to successfully install.

You need the UDID of your iPhone registered with WhatsApp in order to install the beta from their website.

The alternative is to download the IPA file to your Mac and sign the IPA file with your own developer certificate (Must be a registered Apple iOS developer) using a utility such as iReSign or InstaSign.

Cheers,
ck

Marviniris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Does someone has the new whatsapp beta ipa ?

The version 2.11.14.1?

Or where i can get it

(Must resign)

ludacrash

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Will I lose all conversations if I upgrade to the beta?

No, but you can make a backup in the app to be sure. The beta has to be signed to your iPhone for it to work.

----------

So for the future if i go to that link i will always get the newest beta ?

I'm not sure about the future but as far as i know the newest beta is always downloadable with that link. But ofcourse, it can change. If you go to https://dev2.whatsapp.net/ios/WhatsApp/ you can see which beta is on there but you shouldn't download it there with your iPhone if your not a registered Whatsapp Beta tester.
You should go with your computer to https://dev2.whatsapp.net/ios/WhatsApp/WhatsApp.ipa and sign the download before installing it on your iPhone for it to work.

----------

Does anyone know why it's impossible for me to make a backup with Whatsapp itself in beta 2.11.13 or 2.11.14.1, it says i have to have icloud drive enabled and documents in icloud backup. And i do have that but it won't backup.

johny979

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
No, but you can make a backup in the app to be sure. The beta has to be signed to your iPhone for it to work.

----------

I'm not sure about the future but as far as i know the newest beta is always downloadable with that link. But ofcourse, it can change. If you go to https://dev2.whatsapp.net/ios/WhatsApp/ you can see which beta is on there but you shouldn't download it there with your iPhone if your not a registered Whatsapp Beta tester.
You should go with your computer to https://dev2.whatsapp.net/ios/WhatsApp/WhatsApp.ipa and sign the download before installing it on your iPhone for it to work.

----------

Does anyone know why it's impossible for me to make a backup with Whatsapp itself in beta 2.11.13 or 2.11.14.1, it says i have to have icloud drive enabled and documents in icloud backup. And i do have that but it won't backup.
In BETA backup is not activate

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Are notifications fixed in the new beta? Just signing and installing now. I'll br happy sticking with it so long as they're working again.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
There is a slight bug..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.