Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maiden3354

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2021
Hello everyone, it´s my first post here and I think I can find an answer to my problem.
So I decided to get rid of my old (iPhone 5, 10.3.4, 16gb) but I really want to secure the data first. So I made the usual iTunes Backup and secured the Media. However, I wanted to save my Whatsapp data, especially the Media. I even bought the iMazing software to help me do this. It apparently works by analyzing the iTunes Backup and I thought it really worked when all the chats and media were shown on my pc. However I noticed, the Videos were not even existing. iMazing showed only a link instead of the video, a link of this format: . Of course, those links didn´t work.
I think, it might have something to do with the fact that back then, when I backed up Whatsapp, I set Include Videos to off. Is there a way to save the Videos now at best locally? Where are they even saved, or what kind of link is the link above?

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.