Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hey guys!
So, I am in the market for a 20" or 23" Apple Cinema Display for my MacBook Core Duo (haven't decided which size yet) and I was wondering when y'all think they will be updated again? Also, I was kind of wondering if anyone thinks Built-In iSights or a Glossy Screen option would be a possibility for the next revision because those are both things I would really like to have on the ACD when I purchase one.

Thanks so much! :)
-Caitlyn

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Hey guys!
So, I am in the market for a 20" or 23" Apple Cinema Display for my MacBook Core Duo (haven't decided which size yet) and I was wondering when y'all think they will be updated again? Also, I was kind of wondering if anyone thinks Built-In iSights or a Glossy Screen option would be a possibility for the next revision because those are both things I would really like to have on the ACD when I purchase one.

Thanks so much! :)
-Caitlyn

Its really hard to predict. As far as I know is the iSight EOL - that means Apple should and will offer a solution for Pro Users. I would assume build into the displays. But when.... hard to tell. It could be this fall/winter e.g. at Macworld in January.. it can't be too far off

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
I doubt anytime soon as they were updated in August. I would guess at Early or Mid 2007 to go alongside iTV.

As for what that update would be, it could be something as simple as a price drop. On the other hand, iSights and glossy displays would be great. New screen sizes and a thinner case would be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.