Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tristan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2003
high-rise in beautiful bethesda
Hi all - normally I'm one of the people that answers these questions, but I'm at a loss on this one.

I have a G4 TiBook running Panther. I put it to sleep alot, but whenever it wakes up, the airport icon is grayed out and the Internet connection is lost. I have to mouse up to the top bar and select it and my network name. Not a big deal, but after doing it for fifty days in a row I thought I'd ask somebody about it. :) My WLAN is a D-Link.

Strangely enough, before I installed Panther, it never lost the airport. Now it always does when it wakes up. Any help would be appreciated.

mpopkin

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Hey
u had the same problem before, it has to do with network preferences, if you go to network in system preferences you will see two drop down menu's Location and Show, using show drop down and you will see airport preferences, default choice for network choice is automatic, but i had the same problem, whenever i came out of sleep it would not join a network i would have to go click and join, but the simple is to set the network by default to join, as A Specific network, then you just name the network(find it by connecting manually and type that name into specific network and the push apply, whenever your computer goes to sleep it should wake up in that mode again, you can set several location specs as well

good luck

tristan said:
Hi all - normally I'm one of the people that answers these questions, but I'm at a loss on this one.

I have a G4 TiBook running Panther. I put it to sleep alot, but whenever it wakes up, the airport icon is grayed out and the Internet connection is lost. I have to mouse up to the top bar and select it and my network name. Not a big deal, but after doing it for fifty days in a row I thought I'd ask somebody about it. :) My WLAN is a D-Link.

Strangely enough, before I installed Panther, it never lost the airport. Now it always does when it wakes up. Any help would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.