Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
Hey to all who know,
When is Apple planning on releasing 'Motion'? Or has it been released and I didn't notice. I'm pretty sure it would be put on the front page of apple.com if it did indeed start shipping.

Does anyone know the official release date? Thanks.

Nspace

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
i am really looking forward to trying this application out. It seems pretty sweet. I am also anticipating the release.

I am new into motion graphics but anyone who knows more about the capabilities, how do you think it will compare and stack up to combustion and after effects?

Tom

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
i just watched the demo of Motion from Apple.com and it looks pretty amazing. People might say that it won't stack up to how robust After Effects is but i wouldn't be surprised if it took center stage. The big pull for me is real-time editing. Of course like all the applications, the faster the hardware the better performance. (*I'm sure the demo was using a duel G5) but still there's something that this will have with that and it's integration with Final Cut Pro.

Looking forward to it's release, come to me Motion....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.