Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Can anyone tell me how to delete the beta profile?

You can't. You can only restore using DFU mode and iTunes. Some report that after doing this, they surprisingly lost no data. I'm not willing to risk it. Stick with beta profile.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can't. You can only restore using DFU mode and iTunes. Some report that after doing this, they surprisingly lost no data. I'm not willing to risk it. Stick with beta profile.
Doesn't be profile show up in settings and can be removed from there?

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Keep getting an error during verification "an error occured during installation". Then try again or remind me later. Is this just server overload? The update downloaded successfully but wont verify to install. Help?

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA

I am considering doing this as all my data is in the cloud, but may not be worth my time. Still seeing quite a few performance / UI glitches in 9.2 beta 4 and I might start from scratch and get off the beta's.

kch50428

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
North Iowa
Yes, you can delete the beta profile... Settings>>General>>select the profile... tap into it... there's an option to delete.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The only positive I see of this is my battery life on B4 has been phenomenal compared to 9.1. So, now I don't have to worry about losing that just yet.

You still have a profile section under settings?

Yes - On both my 6s and Air 2.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hogwash that beta 4 was out for 3 weeks and there are still issues and yet they made beta 4 the public release.
There will always be issues. Even if they made a newer build that addresses something there would still be plenty of things still left to address as there are almost always bugs everywhere.

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX

What are you talking about? Go to Settings > General > Profiles, and delete it from there.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
I hope that they fix the 3D Touch cursor selection having a mind of its own whether it works or not in the next update (whatever that be)

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Nope. Same build as iOS 9.2 beta 4
I see what you're saying but beta builds expire after a set number of weeks, right? Does that not apply this time because it has the same build number as the public release therefore won't expire like other betas?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
9.3 beta should start sooner since man.. still so many critical bugs..
I think we have different definitions of critical... Critical means its impedes the use of the device. Can you still use your device? Stutter and lag in animations does not inhibit you using your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.