When will iTunes 7.1.0 be released?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nazmac21, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

    nazmac21

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Location:
    Digital World
    #1
    When will iTunes 7.1.0 will be released. I am running a MacBook with Mac OS 10.4.6 and iTunes 6.0.4. I will update to 10.4.9 and iTunes 7.1.0. If interested, I am running the iBook G4 with Mac OS 10.4.7 and iTunes 6.0.5. I just skipped Mac OS 10.4.8 and iTunes 7.0.2.
    Is iTunes 7.1.0 going to be that big of a release to wait for?
     
  2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

    Eraserhead

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Soon, when AppleTV is released. Damn you got my hopes up :eek:
     
  3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

    Zwhaler

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2006
    #3
    Why don't you download iTunes 7 now? I havn't had any problems.
     
  4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

    MacBoobsPro

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #4
    How do you know if you havent tried them?

    I have NEVER had a problem with iTunes and used it right from the very first version. Same with most Apple updates to be honest. Well apart from the fan issue and 10.4.3 (i think). :D
     
  5. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

    panoz7

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2005
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    #5
    I've only found one bug with iTunes 7.. changing a song turns off my keyboard backlight for some reason, but other then that it's been fine. iTunes 7.0.0 on a PC was a little buggy but they seem to have fixed that with the last update.

    Why are you still running 10.4.6? 10.4.8 has been completely bug free for me. I think it also closed some security flaws too.
     
  6. bartelby macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    #6
    I've never had any problems with iTunes 7 either.
     
  7. zephead macrumors 68000

    zephead

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2006
    Location:
    in your pants
    #7
    Ack, you got me a little excited - I thought by the title that iTunes 7.1 was released. Not that I'm particularly looking forward to it, but it would've been interesting.

    iTunes 7.0.0 - 7.0.2 was horrible for me on my old PC (really slow, crashed upon close 4 out of 5 times), but I had to use it because I bought games for my iPod. Now that I have my MacBook, it's fast and it works flawlessly. I haven't had any problems with 10.4.8 either, I upgraded to it the day I got it.
     
  8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

    Eraserhead

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #8
    Neither have I certainly not 7.0.2 ;).
     
  9. arkitect macrumors 601

    arkitect

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2005
    Location:
    Bath, United Kingdom
    #9
    Well, I have had no problems with iTunes 7 (all releases and updates) running on my iBook G4, iMac G5 and Mac Pro…

    But I guess it is your choice if you want to wait. Although I'd say it's an unfounded worry.

    There is a lot to enjoy in iTunes 7…

     
  10. islandman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
  11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

    MacBoobsPro

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #11
    Why would a combo update be better? :confused: Theres more that can go wrong with a combo in my opinion.

    Also sticking with 10.4.6 you may be leaving yourself open to security holes patched only by upgrading to 10.4.7 etc.

    If i were you i would update now.
     
  12. epochblue macrumors 68000

    epochblue

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #12
    I'm another person who hasn't experienced a single issue with iTunes 7. I know some Windows users had some issues early on, but as far as I can tell, most of those have been cleared up.

    I'd start using iTunes 7 right now - no need to wait for 7.1.0.
     
  13. davidjearly macrumors 68020

    davidjearly

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2006
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    #13
    There is a bug in current iTunes 7...

    Yes, there is the problem with the current iPod Video and Nano's with the 'error 48' message.

    You have to go in to System Prefs and change Date & Time settings.

    This may be specific to those iPods but I haven't heard of any issues with people using them with older versions of iTunes so I think the bug is with both iTunes and the iPod.

    If you don't have one of those iPods then go for it. It's a very nice improvement over iTunes 6.
     
  14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

    Eraserhead

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #14
    Even if you disagree with MacBoobs you can download the combo updates anytime from Apples support website.
     
  15. Markleshark macrumors 603

    Markleshark

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Location:
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    #15
    I don't understand people who don't upgrade. *Shrugs*
     
  16. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

    MacBoobsPro

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2006
    #16
    I have a nano and have had no issues whatsoever. :confused:

    I use software update. Its what it was made for. Plus it gaurantees you get the right versions and is easier. :)
     
  17. epochblue macrumors 68000

    epochblue

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2005
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #17
    I'd just download it from Software Update unless you have some specific reason for needing it through the Combo Update.
     
  18. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

    mattscott306

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    #18
    Oi! I thought software update was for when my mac wanted me to restart. Silly me
     
  19. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #19
    For me iTunes 7 has had no problems, i would also update to 10.4.8, it seems to be mostly bug free now, when I first updated to 10.4.8 there was a problem with my printer, but that has been fixed now.
     
  20. Markleshark macrumors 603

    Markleshark

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Location:
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    #20
    Nope. It's possible, but highlyyyyy unlikely I'd say. 7 isnt that old. We'll be on iTunes 27.4 before we know it...
     
  21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

    Eraserhead

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #21
    Software updates are fine and are quicker but if you want to reinstall the OS then getting updates from Apple.com will save you time, tbh both methods are as good as each other, though I normally use Software update as my broadband is quite quick.
     
  22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #22
    dude upgrade now i dont see whats your issue not too. i have had NO problems with 10.4.8 and itunes 7.

    wait on second thought, id skip os x 10.5 and wait till 10.6 lol
     
  23. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

    Benjamin

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2003
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    #23
    10.6? Im waiting for Mac OS 11.5.9 combo and at-least and iTunes X.7 before upgrading.
     
  24. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2007
    #24
    I wonder if the new version of itunes will let you copy your moves to apple tv? I really want to add my dvds (400+) and organize in itunes. I really hope I can do it within the new verison.
     
  25. davidjearly macrumors 68020

    davidjearly

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2006
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    #25
    Sorry I should have said 2nd gen Nano, and I don't think it affects every iPod in a given model.

    And I'm not just making this up, it is a well documented problem which Apple has not yet fixed. There is a workaround however.

    See here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304893

    And a Google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=error+48+iPod&btnG=Search

    David
     

Share This Page