Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Where can I find this wallpaper that Apple has on their cinema display boxes, so that I can have it on my desktop?

http://homepage.mac.com/elwen/PhotoAlbum5.html

Have a look at the first picture called "Box" that is the wallpaper I would like!

Thanking you in advance

Christian

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Seems like it was posted in a thread at MR, probably in Community. (Coulda been another site, but I doubt it as I rarely go elsewhere).

I got a copy of it that way. Mine is for a widescreen, large monitor, but I can send it to you if you want to use it anyway.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
If you want to PM me with your email address I'll send you it at the full 1024x768 and original quality.

Attachments

• 11069apple_field.jpg
    11069apple_field.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,429

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Damn, that would make an awesome background at 1280.

Agreed, though it doesn't look bad stretched to 1280. I think this is because it is a very high quality JPG and also because of the over saturated colors. I have some personal photos of Mt. Rainier with flowers if you would like to use them for a desktop. Some samples can be found here at my homepage.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Those are pretty nice, I have a few myself, but they didn't come out quite as well since I didn't get a chance to get too close when I visited and had to rely on digital zoom for much of them. Actually, if it isn't too much trouble, could you send me the Apple photo, I will see how it looks adjusting the size. My email is resurgo@mac.com, I can also adjust the size for anyone else, too, while I am at it.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Here's a screenshot of my background after resizing it to letterbox format (my personal favorite). I'm sorry about the insanely large size, but with how insanely beautiful this picture is, I couldn't stand to size it down.
1073326648.jpg

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Sometimes I look at photos like this one, or some of the lanscape desktops, or the scenery in movies like the Lord of the Rings, and I'm just amazed at the variety and beauty of our planet Earth...and even some of the stuff we've built on it, too! :cool:

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
It's hard to say, but it almost looks as if the flower field was photoshoped in due to the extra high definition and almost too perfect look they seem to have.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by latergator116
I wonder where that was taken...it is just so beautiful. That would be great to sit there in the flowers and work on my iBook.:p

It's most definitely Mt. Rainier and I doubt it the flowers were photoshoped in though they have been photoshoped mainly to over-saturate them.

From the look of it it's near Paradise on the South side of Mt. Rainier. This is a photo of mine from nearly the same area look at the angle of the mountain. If I new how to make a layer mask I could probably brighten up this meadow in my photo and make the flowers nearly as saturated.

Attachments

• above paradise flowers and mt. ranier.jpg
    above paradise flowers and mt. ranier.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,052

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
That is not surreal or photoshopped, although the photographer might have made some judicious lens filter choices.

That is unmistakably the most beautiful mountain in the world: Mt. Rainier in Washington state. It's a massive dormant volcano that, if it ever blows its top, will bury much of Tacoma in 100 feet of mud. If you're ever visiting in Washington, be sure to go to Mt. Rainier National Park. It's beautiful country and not far from Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia.

That picture is looking north at the southern side of the mountain. I know because we have a painting (something my Dad had made while serving in the Air Force during the Vietnam War, living in Taiwan--he had a calendar picture from that view and there was a guy who would make paintings of photos) from nearly that same vantage point.

Edit: D'oh! MacBandit beat me to it. Oh well. "In the mouths of two or three witnesses..." ;)

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Awimoway
That is not surreal or photoshopped, although the photographer might have made some judicious lens filter choices.

That is unmistakably the most beautiful mountain in the world: Mt. Rainier in Washington state. It's a massive dormant volcano that, if it ever blows its top, will bury much of Tacoma in 100 feet of mud. If you're ever visiting in Washington, be sure to go to Mt. Rainier National Park. It's beautiful country and not far from Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia.

That picture is looking north at the southern side of the mountain. I know because we have a painting (something my Dad had made while serving in the Air Force during the Vietnam War, living in Taiwan--he had a calendar picture from that view and there was a guy who would make paintings of photos) from nearly that same vantage point.

Edit: D'oh! MacBandit beat me to it. Oh well. "In the mouths of two or three witnesses..." ;)

Definitely one of the most gorgeous mountains I have ever seen. I could live up there personally. When I went there for about there for my honeymoon this last July I had not seen more wild flowers anywhere in my life probably combined. It as absolutely gorgeous and I have some great photos that need a little touch up. The problem is the snow on the mountain is so bright that it pushes the white balance way out so that everything else is dark. I need to make layer masks for most of my photos and brighten up the landscape separately from the photo. I'm pretty sure that is what was done on this photo and at the same time they pushed the saturation up a quite a bit.

I've been to Mt. Rainier more times then I can count and I can't remember a single time in foul weather or good that I didn't want to leave the place.

Check out a few of my photos of Mt. Rainier here.

http://homepage.mac.com/louiskst/Far_Away_Places/PhotoAlbum80.html

If anyone is interested I have more photos of everything on my webpage including those of Mt. Rainier and they are in a higher resolution. You can get to most of the originals through a link at the main page of my homepage.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
This is one of the better pictures that I took of Mt. Rainier, I wish I had more time that day and a better camera than my old 2 mp Kodak digital.

Attachments

• picture31-small.jpg
    picture31-small.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,040

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I can't say offhand but it was probably late afternoon around 4ish. It took quite a few hours to drive there from where I was staying in Seattle. We had rented a Ford Mustang convertible and had the top down that day, it was probably one of the most beautiful afternoons of my life.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by MacBandit
Definitely one of the most gorgeous mountains I have ever seen. I could live up there personally. When I went there for about there for my honeymoon this last July I had not seen more wild flowers anywhere in my life probably combined. It as absolutely gorgeous and I have some great photos that need a little touch up. The problem is the snow on the mountain is so bright that it pushes the white balance way out so that everything else is dark. I need to make layer masks for most of my photos and brighten up the landscape separately from the photo. I'm pretty sure that is what was done on this photo and at the same time they pushed the saturation up a quite a bit.

I've been to Mt. Rainier more times then I can count and I can't remember a single time in foul weather or good that I didn't want to leave the place.

Check out a few of my photos of Mt. Rainier here.

http://homepage.mac.com/louiskst/Far_Away_Places/PhotoAlbum80.html

If anyone is interested I have more photos of everything on my webpage including those of Mt. Rainier and they are in a higher resolution. You can get to most of the originals through a link at the main page of my homepage.

Thanks. I enjoyed the photos. My Dad's from Tacoma, and we could see the mountain (on a good day) from my grandparents' dining room window. I've visited there many times myself. My favorite is the lush forests and streams in the Ohanepecosh area on the southeast side of Mt. Rainier. I like how, because of the haze and humidity, Mt. Rainier always looks like it's floating in the air when viewed from the metro area.

And I actually visited it on my honeymoon, too. :)

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
On a clear day in Seattle you can see the snowcap of Mt Rainier as well. The first time I saw it, I thought it was just a cloud but my mom pointed out that it was in fact Mt Rainier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.