Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Where online do you find the best unbiased collection of hardware reviews?

It's easy to get anecdotal advice from individuals (like friends in MacRumors), but I'd like to know where to look at formal reviews online when I'm shopping for a monitor, digital camera, or other computer-related item.

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
That has to be the question of the decade, but they are out there.. really hard to find though. Slashdot seems to have some nice reviews from people there that ended up trying out a mac, and truthfully report the pros and cons sometimes.

I always thought barefeats.com gave good comparisons, although they are pretty mac-oriented.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Where do you find unbiased hardware reviews?

Originally posted by Doctor Q
Where online do you find the best unbiased collection of hardware reviews?

It's easy to get anecdotal advice from individuals (like friends in MacRumors), but I'd like to know where to look at formal reviews online when I'm shopping for a monitor, digital camera, or other computer-related item.

I like hitting www.cnet.com when I'm looking for something new.

Lethal

Winston Smith

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2003
Oceania
C-Net is excellent. They compare all platforms, do weekly newsletters of new kit in different categories, have user reviews and its searchable with a bit of effort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.