Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
So far?

And what for?

I've used mine at
Work: streaming the football,uni work,browsing
Uni: typing notes in the library and a bit of research
Home: on the sofa, mostly Facebook and a bit of uni work.

citron230

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
Used it at school and at home. Taking notes in class. Watching TV on Hulu Plus at school. Checking email, web surfing, filling out law school applications, and typing personal statements.

montblanc1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I had an macbook air before, this summer I gave it to my uncle~

I used MBA as my main working station because I don't do heavy jobs and don't run large files; All I do is web browsing and emails, the most tough jobs I do on MBA is watching 720p movie and iphoto editing, which could be handled well by my previous MBA. It's not even an SSD model, and its cpu is just 1.6ghz...

So you can use MBA as your main computer if you don't do much photo or movie editing, and don't play huge computer games, then 13.3" would be your ideal choice. While I suppose 11.6" would be better served as a netbook

mkleist

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2010
I just got mine on Tuesday and I've been using it at work running vmware for work. With the image on an external it runs just as well as on my 08 MBP. BTW, it's a 13" 1.8 with 2 gigs of ram.

fizzwinkus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Used my 11" to troubleshoot my company's public guest network today. Yesterday was rescuing a MacBook that had an Internet plug-in error. Today it was keeping me company while I moved my mac pro to a larger HD. (only 1,859gb to go)

navanod

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
Work...
I have CS5 and Office 2011 Installed... really only have used Ai and Outlook so far... I have to say I love the portability and Wifi for boring meetings ;)

I have owned both MBA rev A&C... Currently have a 15MBP for the office. I have to say of all the machines I have ever owned this is the one that impresses me most. My 11/1.6/128/4 is a keeper! If it had a backlit keyboard and built in 3G... It would have been icing on the cake!

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I've used mine in my home office to do research to solve PC related problems for my customers. Also to just generally surf the web, do email and such.

I've used it both at home and Starbucks to RDP into my customer's PC's and Windows Servers to troubleshoot and verify backup.

I've put over 10 hours into it so far writing fiction at home and my local Starbucks - something I like to do in my free time. (Currently writing a near future apocalyptic story)

Loving the battery time... over 6.5 hours writing on a single charge!

I miss the backlit keyboard from my RevB.

Love the size and (lack of) weight!

vow

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Home
-played a few custom games on starcraft 2
-ran lightroom and looked at the ~200 pictures I took the other day
-played a 1080p 264 movie real quick

For work:
-run my local win 7 vm with visual studio 2010/SQL server (lag here and there)
-ran two win 2003 vms (external hd) simultaneously without issues

Shooting more this weekend so that'll be a good test for Lightroom performance. No complaints so far :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.