Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airlied

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
If I'm not wrong, Dp8 is two weeks ago. So now should apple launch DP9 but it's 10am past already and PD9 is still missing from app store.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
If I'm not wrong, Dp8 is two weeks ago. So now should apple launch DP9 but it's 10am past already and PD9 is still missing from app store.

Wait...!!! Apple has yet to plant enough bugs on DP9 for us to uncover... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Patience...! :D

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Well it there is no DP9 released this week then I can only assume that their next release will be GM, probably during the first two weeks of October then an official release in late October. I myself have stayed away from Yosemite since I had no need to be using it (I'm not developing software for the Mac).

But once GM is released, I'll be sure to check it out. I have an iOS developer account so I'd have access to the Yosemite GM.

osxmacfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
nyc
Dp 8

isn't located in IOS developer page
-----
you need OS X developer account
to DL DP 8
it's in OS X dev
---
I joined both, $99 each

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
isn't located in IOS developer page
-----
you need OS X developer account
to DL DP 8
it's in OS X dev
---
I joined both, $99 each

Actually this year iOS devs were given access to Yosemite DP to test continuity features. That's how I have it.

denilol

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2011
Last year, Mavericks GM was released October 3rd after its final DP on Sept. 16.

If Apple keeps the same schedule we'll see it this Thursday Oct 2nd (Yosemite DP 8 was Sept 15).

bighans

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
it nowhere near ready for GM unless they have been doing some crazy things at apple since the 15th. It needs like 5 more builds

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i think its ready for release. a lot could change between DP 8 and GM depending on when they release the GM build.

phrozend

macrumors member
May 14, 2014
it nowhere near ready for GM unless they have been doing some crazy things at apple since the 15th. It needs like 5 more builds

If you know the beta needs 5 more builds to be ready for release, doesn't this actually mean you could just give Apple all the information you sit on and they could do the necessary changes in 1 build instead?

oatman13

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2013
If you know the beta needs 5 more builds to be ready for release, doesn't this actually mean you could just give Apple all the information you sit on and they could do the necessary changes in 1 build instead?

While I do agree that the arbitrary number is rather stupid, I must agree with him though that the present beta is not ready... Safari, Finder, and Dock love to crash, and sometimes the machine will need SMC resets to get out of a grey screen lock.

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
maybe there won't be a new dp because they don't want to leak information about new products coming in the next apple event, then well see gm after the event and public release 1 week later

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005

Every year the exact same arguments before GM is released.
And last year I was the one posting this for Mavericks DP 8. :)

garagethrash

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
I'm not normally one to hate on new releases of OS X, but Yosemite really should be delayed. Besides actual bugs, the UI is so unfinished, with stuff out off alignment, poor rendering on on retina displays, horrible text rendering in parts, no truncating of long names in safari favourites, missing icons, etc. . I can't see all this being fixed if GM is the next release

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Every year the exact same arguments before GM is released.
And last year I was the one posting this for Mavericks DP 8. :)

It was also true last year. Apple has been releasing unfinished software as for a while now.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
It was also true last year. Apple has been releasing unfinished software as for a while now.

Nonsense. Nobody has ever produced software that can be considered to be set in concrete. All computer programmes are liable to be updated/improved one way or another. In other words, they are all "unfinished" by definition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.