Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I was dreaming, praying, and agonizing for this!

Where is the updated iMac? I want one, need one, long for one, but I will not buy one till it is updated!

im sooooo bummed now :(

trout

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I know how you feel.... I waited for ages on the Powerbook updates, then when I decided to tire of waiting, they appeared! Hang Tight...

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I dont mind waiting a few days/weeks, but I dont want to wait for 2-3 months!

COME ON APPLE!!

trout

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
So I guess the whole " they pushed back shipping times to XX days"

doesn't hold water huh?

trout

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, it does hold water. It just didn't mean the new ones would be announced TODAY. I still expect to see iMac updates either next week or by early March. (Which is only a week or week and a half away, for the record.)

I, too, am waiting with VISA in hand to call and order as soon as it's announced. I'd hit myself for ordering an iMac right now. Very bad time if you're interesting in getting the most for your $. ;) Plus I want a Rev. B. If I bought an iMac today, I'd feel bad even if new ones don't come out for another month.

iMac updates should be out soon...

One month from now the iMac will be "overdue" for an update based on the average time between announcements, so it makes it easy to believe it'll be real soon.

dezigNergy

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2005
SteveC said:
Yes, it does hold water. It just didn't mean the new ones would be announced TODAY. I still expect to see iMac updates either next week or by early March. (Which is only a week or week and a half away, for the record.)

I, too, am waiting with VISA in hand to call and order as soon as it's announced. I'd hit myself for ordering an iMac right now. Very bad time if you're interesting in getting the most for your $. ;) Plus I want a Rev. B. If I bought an iMac today, I'd feel bad even if new ones don't come out for another month.

iMac updates should be out soon...

One month from now the iMac will be "overdue" for an update based on the average time between announcements, so it makes it easy to believe it'll be real soon.

Thanks for lightening up the mood. I was quite frustrated today when i found no updtae on there site. I was ready wanting with cash in hand to get one. Now i'm stuck thinking, should i get one now or shall i wait for the update to arrive. I've decided to wait a maximum of 2 weeks for an update, if it doesn't come, i'll be forced to get the ones out now. I know if i do this, when the updates come i'll be heart broken but what can i do? COME ON APPLE, HURRY UP WITH THE UPDATE!

:)

dezigNergy

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2005
Need advice. I'm stuck between the 17-20". Which shall i go for? 20" would be better but £300 extra (about 550 dollars) for the 20" is a bit steep. What you think anyway.

Thanks.

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
sort of frustrating. ordered one on 2/13, supposed to ship same business day. 2/17 came along and they pushed back shipping until on or before 2/24. hasn't shipped yet and tomorrow is the new cutoff. i was hoping for an update but didn't get myself too excited about it as i figured it probably wouldn't happen. now i just wish they would get off it already and ship the iMac. even when they upped the wait on the online store it was only to 3-5 days.

jjh5

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2005
Central Phoenix
vieoray said:
sort of frustrating. ordered one on 2/13, supposed to ship same business day. 2/17 came along and they pushed back shipping until on or before 2/24. hasn't shipped yet and tomorrow is the new cutoff. i was hoping for an update but didn't get myself too excited about it as i figured it probably wouldn't happen. now i just wish they would get off it already and ship the iMac. even when they upped the wait on the online store it was only to 3-5 days.

So does that mean there is a possibility that they will release rev B tomorrow?

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Trout74 said:
I dont mind waiting a few days/weeks, but I dont want to wait for 2-3 months!

COME ON APPLE!!

trout

go look at the Macrumors Buyers Guide ...the iMac cycle has still a few days left in it...i am quessing end of March. Somewhere around there.
And most probably we will see some rumors pop up around the right time....

Peace
DjVoTeZ

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think they would have already pushed back ship dates and cut prices on iMacs in AU if the update was still a month away...

but I could be wrong. ;) None of us really know so I respect all the varying opinions. :D

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
vouder17 said:
go look at the Macrumors Buyers Guide ...the iMac cycle has still a few days left in it...i am quessing end of March. Somewhere around there.
And most probably we will see some rumors pop up around the right time....

Its approaching the end of the AVERAGE cycle period. Some updates come before and some come after and it AVERAGES out.

As I said on one of the other iMac come hither threads, it is in Apple's best interest to do all that they can this week (the week before the stock is traded at its new split-adjusted price) to hype the company and its product lines. What better way to do this that by updating its two most well known and highly publicized products, the iMac and the iPod. One down, one to go. The writing on the wall points to an iMac update as early as tomorrow and no later than next week. I am thinking it will be tomorrow and if they have a new GPU, I will likely be the first in line.

The Black Rock

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2005
We are 17 days from the end of the cycle posted on the buyers guide. 17 days from now is when? I reckon it to March 12th, your count may differ because of when you start counting. So I'll expect something within a 4-week radius from March 12th. If I have the money (which I don't now) I'll probably just buy one.

It's good not having the money, I can't be temted to buy anything! :D

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
topgunn said:
Its approaching the end of the AVERAGE cycle period. Some updates come before and some come after and it AVERAGES out.

Apparently averages don't mean that much anymore. The PowerMacs are now 83 days passed their "average" update time. The PowerBooks were about 2 months or so behind when they were updated as well.

vieoray

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2005
hmm, something odd i just noticed. apple went ahead and held the cost of the iMac i ordered on my credit card. its been held for almost two weeks now. i looked a few minutes ago and now its gone. usually when i order from apple if there is a delay they always put a hold on the card until they ship, no matter how long the wait.

probably means squat in terms of updates, i just found it weird. i really wish they'd either update the line or push mine out the door, 1-3 business days shipping was a while ago.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
topgunn said:

As I said on one of the other iMac come hither threads, it is in Apple's best interest to do all that they can this week (the week before the stock is traded at its new split-adjusted price) to hype the company and its product lines. What better way to do this that by updating its two most well known and highly publicized products, the iMac and the iPod. One down, one to go. The writing on the wall points to an iMac update as early as tomorrow and no later than next week. I am thinking it will be tomorrow and if they have a new GPU, I will likely be the first in line.

You have a point but it would be stupid of apple to release a huge flurry of products at once.....It would take the limelight away from certain products. My guesses first we get powermacs..next week and then a few weeks later iMac's if you really need an iMac..just buy one. you won't regret it. i have one and it is great!!

Peace
DjVoTeZ

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
dezigNergy said:
Need advice. I'm stuck between the 17-20". Which shall i go for? 20" would be better but £300 extra (about 550 dollars) for the 20" is a bit steep. What you think anyway.

Thanks.

Go for the 17inch it is nice...but if you need the extra inches then go for the 20inch. But i would rather save the $$$.

Peace
DjVoTeZ

crawdad62

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2002
Greencastle, IN
Well I'm torn.

I was going to get a PM G5 to replace my 933 G4 then I started thinking about the iMac 20"er.

I figured I'd wait until they hit 2Ghz. Well then I heard they're going to be updated. Thought "Great! I'll bet they up them to 2Ghz." All excited. Even went to apply and pre-approved Apple credit.

Waited all day today...... bummer. I'm still holding out for an update revision before I buy.

iDeclare

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Bummed as well

I'll be the first to admit, I was 100% sure the imac was getting updated this morning. I didn't get a THING done at work today as I was constantly checking the apple store sight as well as macrumors.... :rolleyes:

And to think I have to do this on a daily basis?! I'll go crazy. Like some of you, I was holding out for a PB G5, but I think we have a while to go on that one. I would love to carry around the newly updated PGG4, but in terms or price I feel that the imac will give more bang for the buck. True I would portability, but it's not like I can carry it to work and play... :(

The delayed ship date gives me a glimmer of hope, but to be honest, there really could just be a hiccup in the supply chain somewhere.

One can hope, ehh? :eek:

Anyone else in the same boat?

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I think Apple will wait at LEAST 1-2 weeks to update the iMac line to let the iPod updates get as much press as possible before they hit the newswires again.

Lee Tom

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
yes I tend to agree, I think the iMac upgrade is a month off or more. I am currently a pC user with an old 933 MHZ PIII. I actually think im going to use my current monitor and keyboard and printer and mouse and just buy a maxed out mini on my wife's teacher discount for $825. I ll get 1.42 GHZ G4, 512 RAM, 80Gig and superdrive. That should give me the Mac experience and hold me for a year, then get a really powerful imac or a powermac G6.

anyways, im thinking mini for now to get going and then can always sell it and get a revision B. or C. iMac down the road.

trout

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
iDeclare said:
I'll be the first to admit, I was 100% sure the imac was getting updated this morning. I didn't get a THING done at work today as I was constantly checking the apple store sight as well as macrumors.... :rolleyes:

Glad to know I am not the only one.

And I still say tomorrow.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
So...just what is holding up the orders then? When the store quotes 3-5 days ship and its been 2 weeks since i ordered one. Something is off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.