Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Received the Air 2 this afternoon. The fit is fine, but the TPU is soft and pulls away too easily at the edges in my opinion. The Magsafe indent is also a bummer. The second photo showing the indent is in exaggerated light, but it’s there and, at least on my particular case, is similar to the indent on the Sheath. Frankly, I’m disappointed. This one won’t be in my regular rotation.

IMG_2077.jpeg

IMG_2070.jpeg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Received the Air 2 this afternoon. The fit is fine, but the TPU is soft and pulls away too easily at the edges in my opinion. The Magsafe indent is also a bummer. The second photo showing the indent is in exaggerated light, but it’s there and, at least on my particular case, is similar to the indent on the Sheath. Frankly, I’m disappointed. This one won’t be in my regular rotation.

View attachment 2369683
View attachment 2369684
Wow, is that bottom pic the Air case?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Yes, both photos are the same Air 2. The indent is exaggerated in the second photo due to the light; in actuality it’s about the same as my Sheaths.
After 1 MagSafe charge mine is a little more noticeable but not that bad. I’ll have to go out in the sunlight tomorrow and get a better look. Otherwise, I like the case.

Reactions: blaine07 and Zensō

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
Apple silicone cases are on sale on Amazon pretty frequently for $20 or so. Had a few and currently have winter blue 🙃

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom

View attachment 2369684
That looks awful lol.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022

View attachment 2369683
View attachment 2369684
That indent is WILD!

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Okay, after 1 charge on the Magsafe last night the ring on the Air 2 case was a little more noticeable but not that bad.
I just tried every angle possible out in bright sunlight and this is the best pic I can come up with showing the Magsafe ring. This Air 2 Magsafe indent is very hard to notice and you have to really be looking for it to actually see it.

Maybe some of these cases are worst than others but mine is Ok. You guys know my OCD is off the charts when it comes to stuff like this o_O IMO, for $22.00 it's a fantastic case and I'm enjoying it.

It may get worst after 10 charges on the Magsafe charger, time will tell :confused:

ring02.jpg

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I am waiting for the blue one. I hope they release it soon.
Does anyone has the PR2 case in black with a blue iPhone and can upload some pictures?

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Phone Rebel Air 2 in the house. Damn fine case. The only con so far is you can see the Magsafe circle on the back but you really have to be looking for it. Fit is tight, feel is excellent, buttons are perfect, grip is Synthesis quality (maybe better), this might be my new favorite case. Plus it includes the Phone Rebel screen protector. Only $22.00 fuhgeddaboudit :)
why you gotta go and say that....this was a case that I was interested in and had been holding off.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Well I'm back in the Benks Armor Pro. It's the first case I bought before iPhone release day and after what must be a couple of hundred spent on various other cases, as soon as I put the Benks on again I just love it.
Feels so good in the hand... slim, pleasant feeling aramid, really good buttons, NO LANYARD HOLES and fits super tight with stiff sides when pulling out. Even in the buttons areas.
Literally the only downside is the back needs a rub down now and again.

I think I'll get another when the 16 Pro Max arrives and call it a day.

(Yeah, righto! lololololol)

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I’m just here in my Ringke Onyx (navy) on my 15 Pro.

This case has 100% snuck up on me as my most used this year. I thought it was average when I first got it, but it’s barely been off my phone now for about 3 months.

Good grip, great fit, solid buttons and not too bulky. To me this is a ‘boring but spot on’ type case, but it’s a winner.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    669.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: KentuckyHouse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.