Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kris28

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
London UK
my result iPhone6s -Samsung processor 64Gb:
single core -2560, multi core -4463
battery 1 test - low power mode ON - 04H:40:10 score 2801
BATTERY TEST - LOW POWER OFF - 03H:33:50 score 2137

I have 6s just little bit over 1 week and look as battery life is much better now then after first charge- today left 15% battery after 42H:36min standby and 9H:50min usage time- i think it's not bad, but as I have still 14 days window I will exchange in 3 days for similar but with 128Gb- no idea I will have the same lucky phone as this one - present 6s with Samsung on board running very smootly without any glitches and battery run little bit longer then on my previous iPhone 6....

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I got my Sim Free 128GB Silver 6S Plus 2 days ago. It has a TSMC (N66mAP) chip. I still don't believe it matters what chip your iPhone has from all that I've read about it. As long as your iPhone is running good and doesn't have any issues that you can't live with. That is what really matters. So far my 6S Plus is perfect. :)
But ask yourself, if you truly believe it doesn't matter what chip you have, why did you check your phone

Reactions: sanke1

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Which chip does your 6s have?

TSMC ...

wipes_sweat-forehead.gif

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
But ask yourself, if you truly believe it doesn't matter what chip you have, why did you check your phone
I'm a tech geek just as anyone else on this site. I like knowing everything about my iPhones, from the chip, camera and everything else. When I read about the App that shows the iPhones internal information as well as other info, I downloaded it on my 6 Plus. LiriumInfo Is a great App for people who like to know more about their iPhones. Btw, I've had multiple iPhones and never returned them even when they didn't have the best looking display. So, even if my iPhone did have the Samsung chip, I wouldn't be running off to the store to return it. ;)

Reactions: AndrewR23

freedomisle

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
No one is saying you shouldn't get your money's worth. And if it is repeatedly provable in a reasonably scientific manner that there is a noticeable difference between these chips, then by all means, return your phone, and try your best to get a replacement with the better of the two chips. (Don't expect Apple to open a special drawer with TSMC chip phones BTW, and good luck getting one on your first try.)

But 24 hours is hardly enough time to make an educated decision. Can people just take a freaking breath for once? The ink on the story is barely dry, and the differences in these chips, if there are actually any, are clearly not black and white yet. But does that stop the ever growing legion of FUD driven, knee jerk reactionaries from flying their outrage banners, gloating, thanking God/Allah/Vishnu, cheering, booing, threatening litigation, and generally making asses of themselves over nothing (so far)? No. Is it all so predictable and tiresome? YES.

And there are far worse issues than whether someone has a TSMC or Samsung chip. So many have screen defects such as the pressure point, curtain bleeding & dead pixels etc.

I have gone through the exchange process.

1) iPhone 6s Plus had severe pressure point (dark blotch bottom left of screen) TSMC

2) iPhone 6s Plus had minor pressure point & severe curtain bleeding (many dark patches at the top of screen) TSMC

3) iPhone 6s Plus has very minor curtain bleeding. Samsung

I am not returning this iPhone 6s Plus (Samsung). It's screen is 9.5/10 which is more than what I can say for every iPhone 6s Plus I've seen.

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
And there are far worse issues than whether someone has a TSMC or Samsung chip. So many have screen defects such as the pressure point, curtain bleeding & dead pixels etc.

I have gone through the exchange process.

1) iPhone 6s Plus had severe pressure point (dark blotch bottom left of screen) TSMC

2) iPhone 6s Plus had minor pressure point & severe curtain bleeding (many dark patches at the top of screen) TSMC

3) iPhone 6s Plus has very minor curtain bleeding. Samsung

I am not returning this iPhone 6s Plus (Samsung). It's screen is 9.5/10 which is more than what I can say for every iPhone 6s Plus I've seen.

Does it still have the pressure point? Mine has it but it's very faint and a slight curtain effect as well. I would say 9.5/10 as well. I also got a sammy.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My latest (4th) replacement has a worse screen than the last. It has severe binding at the top and a minor pressure point bottom left. The last screen had extremely minimal binding and no pressure point. However it had dreadful battery life and seemed slower than the previous two. Seems I can't win, but the battery on this latest one is phenomenal so I'm debating whether to live with the binding at the top. It's poor for a £700 device for sure...but I forsee another three or four exchanges if I swap this one. It's hassle and the period of deciding what to do is surprisingly stressful! I might just draw a line under it.

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
My latest (4th) replacement has a worse screen than the last. It has severe binding at the top and a minor pressure point bottom left. The last screen had extremely minimal binding and no pressure point. However it had dreadful battery life and seemed slower than the previous two. Seems I can't win, but the battery on this latest one is phenomenal so I'm debating whether to live with the binding at the top. It's poor for a £700 device for sure...but I forsee another three or four exchanges if I swap this one. It's hassle and the period of deciding what to do is surprisingly stressful! I might just draw a line under it.

If I swap again It will be in a couple months at least.

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA

Mine is the same with my 6s Plus, the 'checkered' look at the very top with the backlight and the bottom left as well. Easily seen when its a white background full screen and low brightness. Did some of your other models not have this?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Mine is the same with my 6s Plus, the 'checkered' look at the very top with the backlight and the bottom left as well. Easily seen when its a white background full screen and low brightness. Did some of your other models not have this?

They all had the fault at the top, but to varying degrees. This one has it badly. Three had the lower left pressure point to varying degrees, and one didn't have it at all.

Kris28

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2015
London UK

I believe you gays, and I'm really scare as my 6s Samsung it's brilliant and this way it's just lottery what I can have after my pgrade to 128Gb from 64 as at the moment I can't say anything bad about present!! Maybe I should give up upgrade idea just for peace of mind???...........But finally I decided to upgrade from 64Gb to 128Gb....and I have 6s with TCMC processor!!! Running Geekbench battery test -06:17:00 score3770-- on 6s with Samsung was only score 2857 with 04:45:50
processor speed on TSMC - 1 core2542 , multicore-4435.
both phones -iOS9.1, restored from iTunes , so the same configuration and applets.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.