Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misty588

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
I still have not ordered my free case from Apple for my iphone 4. I wanted to provide some drop protection, and was originally going to order the Pixelskin HD. However, I have a Zagg invisibleshield on the front, and have read that this case messes up screen protectors. Which cases in the Apple case program do not cause front screen protectors to peel up or bubble?

Thanks!

danny.lee

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
I had no problems using Zaggs IS with the Griffin Reveal, nor will I have any problems when my Apple bumper arrives. I left my IS sitting overnight to lay a solid bond and then put the case on. It doesn't bubble or tuck under the film. I just got rid of my IS and got the crystal powersupport film though.

misty588

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Do you like the Griffin Reveal Case? Why did you switch from IS to PS Crystal? What made you decide on the PS crystal over the anti-glare?

danny.lee

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Do you like the Griffin Reveal Case? Why did you switch from IS to PS Crystal? What made you decide on the PS crystal over the anti-glare?

Yeah the Griffin Reveal is nice, I just had to have something to cover the phone as I was leaving the store so my BB only offered Zagg IS and the Griffin Reveal.
Apple Bumper won't be here till Sept. 7
I really didn't mind IS at all, the orange peel effect didnt bother me, when using the phone you can't even tell it's there, the rubbery feel really wasn't all that rubbery a lot of the time. I just jumped on the PS bandwagon, I suppose what sold me was their smooth texture and that it utilized the retina display.
Crystal over anti-glare because fingerprints, smudges, whatever don't bother me, like I said before when using the phone you barely notice and if it gets too bad wipe it off with the shirt your wearing. As long as it protects from physical damage which I think IS does a better job, just the material seems durable to major scratches.
The anti glare effect doesn't sell me either yeah there's glare, rotate yourself appropriately and with any angle it doesn't take more than a 20degree movement to get rid of glares.
Going back to the case I like the Griffin Reveal essentially the same as the bumper but with a plastic back but now with a film on it, less is better in my book.

supergrine

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Zagg with InCase Snap Case

The Snap case does not work with a Zagg film affixed to the rear of the iPhone. The case does not fit properly - it won't "snap" into place because the film on the back of the phone is too thick.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
The Snap case does not work with a Zagg film affixed to the rear of the iPhone. The case does not fit properly - it won't "snap" into place because the film on the back of the phone is too thick.

Have you tried this case with the zagg?

I have the best skins ever film on the back of my iphone and it's so thin that I can't imagine a case not fitting because of it. but i havent tried myself yet...

Jusfer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
USA Intermountain West
Two negatives do not always make a positive...

I received my free bumper yesterday and put it onto my fully invisible-shield-clad iP4.

While the bumper fit over the IS covered sides (metal frame) and probably made it fit a bit tighter than without IS, it did not interfere with the front and back films. The bumper's rubber lips could easily be helped over the IS edges without interference.

Unfortunately, this is where the positive or neutral evaluation ends. The bumper is, of course, not able to neutralize the tackiness, fingerprint-o-philic properties and orangeskinness of the Zagg IS. What's more, I am now looking at a phone that lost all its sleek metal-frame appeal of the iP4, lost the secure grippiness of the relatively sharp-edged metal frame, the welcome tackiness of IS on that frame (there it is welcome!, and it does a decent job of preventing the antenna issue) and, in turn, traded all that for a dull and bland looking, black-on-black, cumbersome wrap around the phone, which, on top of all that, is harder to grip when lying flat on a table (at least for this poster's dry hands) and doesn't slip in and out of my pocket nicely any more.

In other words, I hate the bumper, and I still hate the Zagg.

As soon as I gain enough confidence not to drop the phone again ever (yeah, right!), I will remove the bumper again, leave the side IS wrap, remove the IS from front and back and replace it with I-don't-know-what yet. I am still torn between the oleophobic/matte and clear options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.