Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
My ipod dead, hard drive failure again and now I'm looking for a new one. I'm looking for the iPod that has the least problems known. Any suggestions?

The iPod classic seems nice, but it also has a hard drive that will break down eventually? Someone told me that there were issues with it.

How is the iPod Touch? I hear it's easy to break and scratch it too. Does it have anti-finger print screen?

Just let me know what the issues are since I'm looking for a replacement iPod that will last me for a long time with no issues. :cool:

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
i have had the ipod touch for 2.5 years and enjoy it today

at first i missed teh clickwheel but the advantages the software brings is quite nice

i would get a touch these days if you dont care for carrying all your music around

DaveSW

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
My ipod dead, hard drive failure again and now I'm looking for a new one. I'm looking for the iPod that has the least problems known. Any suggestions?

The iPod classic seems nice, but it also has a hard drive that will break down eventually? Someone told me that there were issues with it.

How is the iPod Touch? I hear it's easy to break and scratch it too. Does it have anti-finger print screen?

Just let me know what the issues are since I'm looking for a replacement iPod that will last me for a long time with no issues. :cool:

My sister's got an iPod Touch. I have an iPhone. they're very reliable and the screen is NOT easy to scratch.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I've had Nano for 3 years and it's still fine. Get a nice case and it won't break

I can vouch for the nano as well. My 2nd-gen nano's also been around for about three years. It can still crank the jams too, although it doesn't get nearly as much use now that I have the 5G nano as my mainstay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.