Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Today I tried one of the latest Microsoft Lumia phones and I really liked it. It was one of the cheapest offerings, only 199€, but it had great performance, really nice fluid animations, awesome screen, Swype keyboard, etc.

I kind of want to try Windows Phone now. I don't know which is the latest OS update (Windows 10 maybe?) or which is the best phone up to date. Can anyone tell me? I'd like something powerful and with guaranteed updates to the latest software OS.

Thanks!!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I wouldn't spend the premium on a 950/950XL

You can get great deals on Lumia 930 outside of states, inside of your on Verizon a second hand or refurb Icon ...

WrenFGun

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2013
Grab the 640. Camera is mediocre but you can't beat the price and it runs very smoothly on 8.1.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
I wouldn't spend the premium on a 950/950XL

You can get great deals on Lumia 930 outside of states, inside of your on Verizon a second hand or refurb Icon ...

Awesome advice. I'll look on second hand devices on eBay and similar websites. I'm in Europe. Maybe I'll find something interesting on second hand shops, but I want a phone that will be updated to Windows 10.

1520 is like the 930, but with a 6" screen. It's awesome.

6" might be too big. I want something similar in size to the S6, but I wouldn't mind something with a 5.5" screen.

Grab the 640. Camera is mediocre but you can't beat the price and it runs very smoothly on 8.1.

Camera is really important to me. This Windows phone might be my primary device. Kind of tired of some bugs in Android. My S6 recently started to lag and have problems with my Wi-Fi connection, so I may switch to a Windows Phone, but it needs to have a great camera.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Awesome advice. I'll look on second hand devices on eBay and similar websites. I'm in Europe. Maybe I'll find something interesting on second hand shops, but I want a phone that will be updated to Windows 10.

930 is updated to Windows 10 :). (As is 1520)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

6" might be too big. I want something similar in size to the S6, but I wouldn't mind something with a 5.5" screen.

Camera is really important to me. This Windows phone might be my primary device. Kind of tired of some bugs in Android. My S6 recently started to lag and have problems with my Wi-Fi connection, so I may switch to a Windows Phone, but it needs to have a great camera.

930 should be updated. Obviously you get it faster with the insider program.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006

the Lumia 640 camera is not horrible, it's average. It has a removable battery and expandable memory, can't go wrong with $60 for ATTGO

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Lumia 640 went back to its Black Friday sale and only $29.99 in Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Best $30 prepaid smartphone money can buy right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.