Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jchap

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
As an avid Mac user and a lover of all kinds of non-Apple-developed apps for macOS, there are some in particular that I really enjoy, but which I also desperately want to see an update for, like these:

• Things (Cultured Code): definitely want to see an option for larger UI text... Cultured Code has been sitting on this for ages...
  • Structured (Leonard Mehlig): great to see such a visually appealing vertical calendar and list of daily activities, but even deleting a single activity and moving a block of activities back an hour requires dozens of mouse clicks and redoing the entire activity timeline... let's not let the developer rest on his laurels here! (I say this out of love for the great concept and design... the dev boasts that "Structured has been downloaded more than 1.7 Million times and around 150k tasks are created every single day," so let's see it roll!) I haven't received a reply on two support questions to the dev either, so I think he needs to finally get together a decent support team.
  • Day One (Bloom Built/Automattic): such a fantastic staple for keeping multiple journals, with great sync options across Apple devices... but what's the deal with the huge margins in Editor view when you're on a 15-inch screen or larger? Also, requests to hide the sidebar in Editor view for a more immersive writing experience have sadly fallen on deaf ears... am I the only one who wants this?
  • Repeat (Lab11 Ltd): a cute and engaging approach to habits... but the timer option is broken and sync doesn't work quite as it should. Sadly, the developer has been AWOL for six months and no longer replies to e-mails...
  • OmniFocus (OmniGroup): still on version 3 (as of May 2022), this is one heckuva task management app with just about all the bells and whistles you'd expect, but the app hasn't seen a major version bump or UI upgrade in perhaps three years as I recall.
Any indie macOS apps that you'd like to see upgraded and given some love?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.