Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which power slider is better?

• iOS 7.0

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • iOS 7 beta

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • iOS 7.1

Votes: 85 67.5%

• Total voters

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I'm not allowed to read or comment on a thread if one of the poll choices I would have picked is not listed? why don't you add that choice and see how many responses you get.

I'm not the only one who doesn't care for that UI considering how little we see of it. It's not a personal attack on you so don't take it that way :)

It's just that most of the people who don't mind/care would see the thread title and scroll on without taking a second look, so I wouldn't end up getting many results for it (except for the trolls etc.).

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
It's just that most of the people who don't mind/care would see the thread title and scroll on without taking a second look, so I wouldn't end up getting many results for it (except for the trolls etc.).

I was generally interested to see if there were others like me that really didn't care too much for changes to screens we don't stare at all day like the call answering screen and now the power down. That's all. I'm not trying to troll just seeing if I'm alone in my view.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
If you don't care then why are you reading the thread?

The poster that wanted this on your poll..........

Because it should be an option to include with the others for those that don't give a hoot, and want to weigh in on their selection. ;)

secDJ

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2013
If you don't like colors, I wouldn't be surprised if you're running Mac OS 9.

Thats not the point. I can show u a house with lots of colors inside. It does not not make it pretty not ur taste maybe (and I am assuming u like colors). I like ios 7 colors. And I like circles. But now it's too much. Colors all over, circles all over. There has to be a balance. With time they will change all this again. Ull see

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I was generally interested to see if there were others like me that really didn't care too much for changes to screens we don't stare at all day like the call answering screen and now the power down. That's all. I'm not trying to troll just seeing if I'm alone in my view.

I don't care much either. It's not an animation most people will be using on a regular basis. An option to express that opinion would of been nice.

----------

Thats not the point. I can show u a house with lots of colors inside. It does not not make it pretty not ur taste maybe (and I am assuming u like colors). I like ios 7 colors. And I like circles. But now it's too much. Colors all over, circles all over. There has to be a balance. With time they will change all this again. Ull see

I'm lost! :/

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I don't really care either. I saw the new one when I updated my iPad today and thought it was a bit weird.

But then I'm the person who sees that screen, and just keeps holding down the power button anyway. Especially when I'm going to turn the thing back on anyway, moving my fingers around to swipe and then go back is a hassle.

I for one would rather dismiss that screen by just pushing my home button.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
The dimming effect is cool but those circular buttons are ugly.

Don't get me started on caller id screens.

Last edited:

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
I actually like the power slider I just don't like the no more full screen during calls. I like the new call look but it should be full screen instead of the picture being in a small circle in the corner. Also is apple ever going to add keyboards ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.