Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul S

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Yesterday, I was trying to figure out how to edit some pictures I took on iPhoto. Came to realize that I could not do any editing. All I was looking to do was write in a caption in the photo.

Anyway, is there a program like Photoshop or Paint that comes with the system? I could not find it.

Thanks.

tsvb

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Yesterday, I was trying to figure out how to edit some pictures I took on iPhoto. Came to realize that I could not do any editing. All I was looking to do was write in a caption in the photo.

Anyway, is there a program like Photoshop or Paint that comes with the system? I could not find it.

Thanks.

You could always download GIMP. You would need to install x11 if you don't have it installed already.

GIMP is a open source app that is similar to photoshop.

http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
If you can't get on with Gimp, you don't have to pony up for the full Photoshop. There's a Mac version of Photoshop Elements but as with most Adobe stuff at the moment, it'll be running under Rosetta if you have an Intel Mac.

£57 here in the UK, although the $ price may be even cheaper.

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
Hi

If all you need is to write on top of the photo, you'd better use a Word processor, like Openoffice.org. Just paste your pic onto a text document, add a text box, select everything then export it back to JPG or whatever format you like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.