Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color RAZR do you prefer?

• Black

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Pink

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • One of the special edition ones(Gold, etc.)

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
You could cover it in diamonds and it would still be a POS phone. At least they've upgraded the camera in it recently, but it still uses the Motorola UI.

I bought one for my wife because she wanted it though I tried to persuade her into getting an SE instead. Now she regrets it but she'll know better next time.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i have had a black razr v3 for the past year. and while it is the sexiest phone ive seen, i'm really not all that impressed with it. personally for me, i would really like to have a decent camera on my phone, and the razr just doesnt cut it. as a PHONE its just fine, my reception is fantastic, call quality is very good, and hell it even worked just fine when i went to new zealand ( it detected the vodafone network right away ).

if it had a better camera, id be totally set ( oh and a LOT more internal memory please. 5MB is weak. )

but i did get it for free on Amazon, so i cant complain TOO much..... or can i?

jaysmith

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
i'm getting a motorola v360m, but from what i hear motorola leaves much to desire. don't affect me much, but is the UI that bad?

millsy

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2006
Somewhere in time/space
I own a black razr and I have had it since just before christmas 2005. It's an alright phone, no problems its just like other people have said...a weak camera, and the video option isnt very good. The only problems i've ever had with it is the Cingular MEdia network doesnt load or actually the built in browser never works for me as of late. There are better phones out on the market other than the razr...

tomokun

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
jaysmith said:
i'm getting a motorola v360m, but from what i hear motorola leaves much to desire. don't affect me much, but is the UI that bad?
Well, its no Nokia which is just plain ol' confusing (Up for camera without any indication?). Infact, I love the motorola interface (atleast on my V710). I can mark and delete, it runs fine, I love it. It's harder to use on other phones though, Especially the Razr and any of their phones that has a screen that is small and hard to read. Like for instance, the V710 has voice commands and voice dialing without any programming whatsoever. The RAZR on the other hand, doesn't.

Also if you do have Verizon, the V3c is now just using the standard V-Cast interface, which is HORRABLE.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i dont get the issue people have with the moto UI, i much prefer it to the UI on my freinds erricson, the menu is a 4x4 symbol grid which is really hard to make out and it does all this animation eye candy which just bugs me

Sammis89

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2005
For the first time i saw a blue RAZR for cingular, but it seems to be only at best buy. Anyone else know where to get these?

iBeard

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
Taken with my MacBook.

Photo%2011.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.