Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I have pretty msch decided on the intuos3 series I am wondering if I should go the 4x6 or the 6x8 and of course the price is a concern and I know the 4x6 is obviously cheaper but willing to invest if it benefits merit the price difference. Any input would be much appreciated. I would use it photoshop and illustrator cs2 and when my new mac arrive i will be giving the lightroom beta a test. I work with photos in raw because i am borderline ocd and better results obtained from them (IMHO).

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'd go with the 6x8 if you can afford it. I find it to be just about the perfect size. Any larger, and I'd be moving around too much; any smaller and I'd find myself cramped.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I have been using both 4X6 and 9X12. Obviously, 9X12 is pretty much for the desk use. For 4X6, I actually take it with me on the road as it is compact enough to fit in my business bag. Even with 4X6, I have been able to do CS2 (PS, InDesign, Illustrator) works. Of course, at home, I tend to use 9X12. But, sometimes, smaller tablet can be handy as you don't really need to move your hand too much.

If you are new to Tablet, maybe starting off with 4X6 would be better, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.