Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexBass

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Hahaha. The excitement got the best of me. Last year I did what you're going to do but this year I just would not go to sleep. Haha

----------

I'm not sure how they take care of it, but I read about it sometime in the middle of the night. They host it in multiple places so they won't have the bandwidth issues we all expect.

Good ol' Apple, as I said before, they're too classy for problems like that which affect other companies.
I hope it does go down, after I get it, though :p ... first world problems...

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
So, 5 minutes right? :D

I actually would not be affected if I had to wait another hour now lol. I've faced that I'll be awake for the rest of the day and go to bed at night so I can stay on schedule.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
You have to be joking, right?

If you're talking about people pulling all nighters - no. What's it matter anyways? Everyone has something they dedicate time and money into. For some it is cars, others music, some people clothing. A friend of mine spends a ton of time
and money on furniture (that she truly doesn't need). Myself and many on this forum spend our time and money on electronics.

If I want to buy a $1500 TV, I remember that my brother spent $5000 on a turbo for his car - and then I buy my TV with a smile. When I wanted to buy a new iMac, I opted for the souped-up 27" model because I enjoy spending my money there. When I was thinking about buying a media extender for my TV, I stayed up for hours and hours researching the differences between appletv, roku, and the others.

I'm sure there is something stupid you stay up all night doing, other than masterb*ting. Lol

LegitKid

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
so its 8am eastern here and hopefully mountain lion will release any time now. Hopefully we don't have to wait another hour. Hopefully before 9.

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Looks like we'll be waiting another hour.... And LOL to the post above me. Hahaha. I have a feeling 8 AM will be the time. It was ready to download for me at 8 AM last year. Though earlier is always nice too. :)

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
Looks like we'll be waiting another hour.... And LOL to the post above me. Hahaha. I have a feeling 8 AM will be the time. It was ready to download for me at 8 AM last year. Though earlier is always nice too. :)

it was 5:30 Pacific time last year, so 30 min.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Have it your way folks, but remember, I will be one of the first ones banging that download link, and I'm going to hit it before the big rush comes about an hour later. I will have this thing, and be learning all of the little nuances of it while everyone who waited will be sitting there watching their download move at 1kb/s with their thumbs up their arses.

While you were waiting on banging a link, I was banging on my sweetie.
Vacation sex trumps any download.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Also...keep your eye on the Apple Online Store...if it goes down, that means Mountain Lion may be coming. So far...nothing but its always wise to keep an eye out.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Ahh, sweet scandinavian fiber...

2083070165.png

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Apple's OS X site still says available in July. They could have at least added the date they announced yesterday. Haha.

I have horrible Internet services in comparison to you guys. Haha.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Apple's OS X site still says available in July. They could have at least added the date they announced yesterday. Haha.

I have horrible Internet services in comparison to you guys. Haha.

Tomorrow it will show available "now"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.