Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Thought I'd start a thread for all the iPhone 6 users who are waiting for iPhone 7. I'm very happy with my 6, I unexpectedly upgraded to it from a 5s last summer before the 6s came out. Anyway, who has a 6 and is excited for the 7? What features and upgrades from the 6 are you hoping to see?
I personally am excited for a new design.

Reactions: Dino F

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
Very happy with my 6 Plus. The market is maturing, though, and I don't think I'll necessarily be ready to upgrade in nine months, unless something bad happens to my current phone. There's just a limit to the number of insanely great new features that can be added.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I had a 6+ for the majority of last year. Traded it in for the 6s+ when we ported in September.

Will be going to the 7 when it's out this year. We are on the numbered upgrade path (5-->6-->7) so having the 6s+ is an anomaly these past couple of months.

Miss my 6+. It was a nice phone.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
I have the 6+ now and am waiting for the 7.
I had high hopes for more support with the 6+ screen size and its landscape being more of a feature with apps, but that's not the case so I'll be going to a 7 rather than the plus-sized model.

MadDane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2015
I have an iPhone 6 but not sure I will upgrade to the 7. It is still performing quite well, and the rumored lack of a headphone jack in the 7 definitely is the exact opposite of appealing to me. I might upgrade to a 6s if the rumor turns out to be true though.

Bottom line: I might upgrade, I might not. But I want to see what they offer before I decide :)

EverOne

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Time to Apple take a step ahead and give us 1080p, killing camera and iOS stability. From a Iphone 6 user.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thought I'd start a thread for all the iPhone 6 users who are waiting for iPhone 7. I'm very happy with my 6, I unexpectedly upgraded to it from a 5s last summer before the 6s came out. Anyway, who has a 6 and is excited for the 7? What features and upgrades from the 6 are you hoping to see?
I personally am excited for a new design.

Well the new feature from the 6 to the 6S were not that great so I would not be expecting too much on the 7. Apple is kinda banging it's head on the "glass ceilling" until technology moves forward.

In the mean time they will remove your head phone jack!:)

benzkid89

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
TN
I have a 6 that I have got when it released a it has been great so far. I planned on keeping it until the 7 came out in September. However, since ATT is ended 2 year contracts I went ahead and upgraded to a 6S last night. If the 7 is all that I hope it to be I will sell the 6S and use the money to a 7.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
I have the 6+ now and am waiting for the 7.
I had high hopes for more support with the 6+ screen size and its landscape being more of a feature with apps, but that's not the case so I'll be going to a 7 rather than the plus-sized model.
I actually may go the opposite way, I'm kinda tempted to get a plus just to see how it works for me; I will have to do some serious debating when that time comes. I have a feeling I may enjoy the larger screen.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Nah. I don't like the idea of them removing the headphones jack. I think the 6 just may be my last iPhone. If anything I would move to the 6S. But I just got a second line so I don't need any new phones anytime soon.

TechFann

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
My contract is up just a few months after the 7 comes out, so I will probably get the 7. Also, might get it in gold for a variety since all my devices so far have been black.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
My contract is up just a few months after the 7 comes out, so I will probably get the 7. Also, might get it in gold for a variety since all my devices so far have been black.
I had a gold iPad mini 4 but returned it for a SG air 2; I also have the iPhone 6 in SG. My AW Sport and MBA are silver. I kinda like the black bezel on the iPhone so I think I'll stick with the SG.

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
I have a 6. Bought a Sony Z5 Premium this year and not looking back. I refuse to pay over $1K for a phone that is only marginally different than my last one.

Also, if they remove the headphone jack from the 7 - dealbreaker.

berlysario

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2016
There's just a limit to the number of insanely great new features that can be added.
1ce6.jpg

Reactions: TechFann

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Waiting for 7+ To replace my 6+. Hope it is thinner, lighter, bigger battery, and maybe narrower (if come with ETE display).

One big problem I had with 6+ => 6s+ is 6s+ is thicker, heavier, and with smaller battery. It is basically Apple stuff new feature into old case design.
I was very disappointed. For 6s is ok to be heavier and thicker, since size is significantly smaller than 6s+, which just become almost unmanageable for one hand when I try it in store.

jessica0123

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2016
I'd like to upgarde my device every year,even though I am not really happy wtih 6S plus,but i still believe Apple won't let me down.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Yep, add me to this thread of original 6 users!

I'm one of these who can only upgrade every 2 years (don't really see a big enough jump in features and specs, to upgrade every year). Started with an iPhone 4, then went to the 5, now the 6 and next, the 7 this year. I don't buy into all the 'S' models in between!

Reactions: R.Stoychev

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Yep, add me to this thread of original 6 users!

I'm one of these who can only upgrade every 2 years (don't really see a big enough jump in features and specs, to upgrade every year). Started with an iPhone 4, then went to the 5, now the 6 and next, the 7 this year. I don't buy into all the 'S' models in between!
I haven't been on the 6 since launch, actually just since a month or so before the 6s launched. I agree with you on the S models though, not enough of a jump to justify upgrading imo.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
I just used the 6s plus in the AS and I was able to use it surprisingly easily one handed. I guess I have bigger hands than I thought lol. It seemed perfectly comfortable for me to use, and I may go for the 7 plus instead of the 7. Maybe. Still a while away.

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
I was tempted to upgrade from my 6 to the 6S when they first came out, but once I saw one I felt I could do without. It has some nice features, but nothing that made me feel I had to get one.

I will definitely go for the 7 though....I actually like the idea of losing the headphone jack for the sake of having better styling / technology. The phone doesn't have to be thinner, but losing the space required for the headphone connector will mean something else can take it's place....bigger battery maybe, or some other tech.

I may be proved wrong, but I expect them to ship with wired headphones with lightning connector, so I could use those when I want to to travel light...and then use my other [better quality] headphones which are wireless anyway.

I can't wait until September...

Reactions: Izauze
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.