Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kimguroo

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Finally I got gold iphone.
Ordered yesterday and picked it up today.
Apple (Atlanta perimeter store).
16 GB ATT.

TarHeelBlue

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
My birthday was yesterday and I was making phone calls on the 18th to see if anyone had any 32 or 64 in gold (has to be one of those because I live in Europe) anyways, so the very last store I called, told me "I can't tell you how many I got in, all I can say is that they are all gold and 64, less than 5 of them and they will all sell out today"

Then he said for me to wait one second, he comes back on,and his manager said he could put one in the back with my name on it. I immediately jumped in the car, drove about a 6 hours round trip, but got it!

And today it's still in the box, I can't find a case I like (I hate cases) I only really use screen protectors, and I hated the zagg was cutout on the bottom near the ID and also up top. And then I read a lot this forum about spigen. So I leave for Europe on Friday, so I really have to come up with something. I did get the 2 years of accidental protection. And half of me wants to use it naked (my previous phone was the iphone 3G and it still works like a tank!!!)

Any opinions? I'm not familiar enough to know if the metal would scratch all up. I may just put a zagg screen protector on it and await you guys opinions. I mean, I don't have anything protecting my ipad 3 retina's metal back and it doesn't have any scratches, micro stuff. But like I said, might get a new phone if I were to damage it that bad, and just let that be my insurance.

Opinions please please please!

Thanks!!!

rich32gb5s

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Berkshire
My birthday was yesterday and I was making phone calls on the 18th to see if anyone had any 32 or 64 in gold (has to be one of those because I live in Europe) anyways, so the very last store I called, told me "I can't tell you how many I got in, all I can say is that they are all gold and 64, less than 5 of them and they will all sell out today"

Then he said for me to wait one second, he comes back on,and his manager said he could put one in the back with my name on it. I immediately jumped in the car, drove about a 6 hours round trip, but got it!

And today it's still in the box, I can't find a case I like (I hate cases) I only really use screen protectors, and I hated the zagg was cutout on the bottom near the ID and also up top. And then I read a lot this forum about spigen. So I leave for Europe on Friday, so I really have to come up with something. I did get the 2 years of accidental protection. And half of me wants to use it naked (my previous phone was the iphone 3G and it still works like a tank!!!)

Any opinions? I'm not familiar enough to know if the metal would scratch all up. I may just put a zagg screen protector on it and await you guys opinions. I mean, I don't have anything protecting my ipad 3 retina's metal back and it doesn't have any scratches, micro stuff. But like I said, might get a new phone if I were to damage it that bad, and just let that be my insurance.

Opinions please please please!

Thanks!!!

I avoid this issue by getting a case before I get the phone. Simples! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.