Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I am talking about the ones that point to you face. Every laptop has it now, i cant stand them i place place black duck tape on every laptop i have.

Anyone else have this pet peeve?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I'm more concerned about all the ducks who died to make the tape.

To answer the original question, no it doesn't bother me at all as I see video conferencing and general video interaction as fantastic tools.

In many corporate and government environments however they are not allowed but that doesn't have any bearing on me at the moment.

Thats not it, well maybe it is a little but i am not a fan of a camera pointed to my face whenever i use my laptop or iMac.

You do know it's not on all the time right?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
TBH I wanted a laptop with one for ages, thinking I could chronicle my journeys when my SLR was too bulky (need camera bag). But I've only ever taken about 10 pictures with it :eek:

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
My biggest issue is bringing my laptop into a number of companies around the world on business. For instance, Samsung puts security tape over all of the data ports, HD access panel, DVD, and camera that cannot be removed before you leave the site. So, you get this blue security tape right on the glass... :(

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
Going back to the reason we have these cameras, I work away from home a lot and I love to use iChat to see my wife. For that reason alone it is worth it.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
I don't even notice mine. On my Blackbook it's actually kind of hard to point out at a glance, anyway. It's handy though, I can video chat with my sister who lives in another country.

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I'll admit it, I'm the same way. Its kinda like someone staring at you.. forever. But on the other hand I have had a lot of fun with it, and so do other family members. Some times I'll cover it with a piece of a post-it but then I'll take it off because I know I am being ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.