Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
i saw richard nixon at the airport. also went to russia. saw Lenin, but that was creepy its his dead body sitting there in a tomb in the middle of red square.

weird, but famous

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Friend of the family: Meg Ryan,

Had lunch (and/or) dinner with: Five for Fighting, Michelle Branch
(she asked me to marry her! :eek: ) ... umm... so many people in this category I cant even begin to count.

Met and spoke to: Adam Sandler, Bob Dole, umm...

At a christmas(or other) party(ies): Sylvester Stallone, Bill Clinton, A ton of other people I cant remember. Mostly producers and such...

Seen around town: Too many people to list.

And then, there's me! :cool:

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
I've shook tony blair's hand, my school and his son's (I forget the name) did some joint drama thing ages ago and he went to the production.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I'm pretty sure it was Neve Campbell I saw in London's Selfridges department store earlier today. She was trying on jeans (size 27 from what I heard (grrr, skinny cow))

iDrifter

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Great White North
Wayne Gretzky at a mall in Edmonton when he was with his old girl friend Vicky Moss.

Steve Landisburg (geeky cop in Barny Miller) in downtown Edmonton in the middle of winter and he is wearing only a suit with sport jacket. It was about -15°C with a vicious wind chill and he is lost in downtown Edmonton. We didn't recognized him at first, just some fool out in the freezing cold without adequate winter protection. My friend ask him (then we recognized him) if he was lost? Indeed, he was looking for some place near were we found him. We pointed him in the direction he wanted thank us and was off.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Hmm, a little hard to remember:

I live 30 minutes away from the site of the Sundance Film Festival, and you see tons of celebrities there:

Neil Young (at his movie premiere, then again on the street the next day)
Jonathan Demme
Paris Hilton
Damian Marley
Martha Plimpton (talked to her a little)
Nicole Kidman
probably some others that I can't remember right now...

These guys live or lived in Salt Lake, and I've seen them around:
Karl Malone
Wilford Brimley

Besides that:
Bono
The Edge
Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman (saw them at the mall once)
Patrick Swayze

When I was in Japan I found out only an hour later that the prime minister, Junichiro Koizumi had spoken at a park only a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Was really annoyed that I missed that.

There are probably others, but I don't remember them at the moment.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I saw Walter Payton and Tim Hardaway in chicago also saw Oprah walking down the street while I was on a double decker bus. I also met Meatloaf backstage at a concert I was working.

jwp1964

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Enterprise, KS
Shook hands with Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush I, and Clinton.

Met VP Cheney when he was Secreatry of Defense. Bumped into Congressman Gephardt (literally) in Dallas airport.

Never met/saw any famous entertainers out in public.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
840quadra said:
Travis Pastrana,

Talked to him about a mutual acquaintance, got my pitbike autographed, and earlier in the day I released him on a Rally Stage :)

Duh! I forget these

Detroit 2006 I was served drinks by Dieter Zetsche, the president and CEO of Daimler Chrysler at a media event that his company hosted.

At that show in earlier years I also met Jay Leno, Peter Solberg in 2003 (WRC rally driver), Brock Yates, and many other editors from Car & Driver.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Creator of Monstorisms Pete Fowler
Singer David Cook
A bunch of comic book writers at a Comic Con
Pro Bowler Jim Murtishaw
probably some more but I can't remember any.

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
I came face to face with serial killer Dennis Nielsen. I was visiting a prison with a view to doing some counselling work with some of the inmates. We were amongst a whole bunch of prisoners and I gradually realised 'I know that face...' The person next to me then struck up a conversation with this chap he kept calling Dennis and suddenly the penny dropped.

jcarm24

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2005
C-Ville, VA
Natalie Portman and Will Farrell at Harvard's classday. She's much shorter than i pictured. He's much funnier as well.

zami

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2003
South London
Met in person 40 years ago in Waterville, Co.Kerry, Rep. of Ireland; Charlie Chaplin his wife and about six children of various ages. They stayed in the same hotel and I hung out with the younger son whose name I have long forgotten. They were OK but CC was old and not very friendly while his wife was lovely.

Seen in person driving by in their limousines Queen Elizabeth 2 and Tony Blair.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
calculus said:
I came face to face with serial killer Dennis Nielsen. I was visiting a prison with a view to doing some counselling work with some of the inmates. We were amongst a whole bunch of prisoners and I gradually realised 'I know that face...' The person next to me then struck up a conversation with this chap he kept calling Dennis and suddenly the penny dropped.

I used to go to this pub called the Black Cap in Camden (London, UK) for a fair while a few years ago. Not the best pub in the world, but a group of deaf people hung out there, and I really liked meeting them. Apart from that, I always found the pub a bit creepy whenever I turned up and nobody I knew was there.

It wasn't till about a year later that I found out it was Nielsen's favourite hunting ground. :eek:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
When I were a nipper:

John Craven (TV's countryside report) - refused (politely) to autograph stuff, had a bunch of presigned postcards in his pocket and charged us schoolkids 10p each per card.

I refused to believe that he'd actually signed them. (tho he probably did)

The Queen Mother - opened a new fish market near my school. We were trooped down to watch this old biddy hobbling along.

The Queen - opened a completely useless new audiology centre near me.

Princess Anne - pinned a rosette on my jacket for some stupid disabled horseriding thing, and said something meaningless to me. I still have the photo somewhere.

Princess Diana - gave my best friend an award, a "child of achievement" thing. For what? For being friends with me. (Seriously!)

As an adult:

Gael Garcia Bernal (The Motorbike Dairies) Saw him in a play in London, and met him in the bar afterwards. Short, but hot sex on a stick. I'd do him in a flash.

Shimon Peres - at a national student convention. Came up to him on stage and told him Israel was an apartheid nation. (he said "that's not true")

An old girlfriend of mine used to be the girlfriend of Genesis P'orridge (Temple ov Psychik Youth, Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV)

Another girlfriend was repeatedly chatted up in front of me by Matt Fraser (famous thalamide guy with flippers for arms, is on TV quite a lot as a presenter / actor / voice over)

Was stared at by the presenters of Top Gear (Jeremy Clarkson, the Hamster [currently in a coma], and the big guy) - I was having lunch at the BBC canteen, signing away to some deaf mates, and they were at the next table over and couldn't take their eyes off us. We were too polite to look at them.

The collected environment ministers of just about every nation in the world. Was part of an eco-activist group, and we gatecrashed a UN conference on the environment in the Haague, and gave them a bit of an earwigging.

Hanif Kurishi (writer of 'The Buddha of Suburbia) - was at a play 2 rows behind me. The play was a 1-woman show by the grand-daughter of Charlie Chaplin.

Yoko Ono and Grace Jones - were very near me at a concert in south London a few years ago. I do respect Ono as an artist, but even as a stone deaf person, I could tell that she couldn't sing. Grace Jones had amazing costumes, and changed them every 5 minutes.

Tuppy Owens and Annie Sprinkle - sexology researchers - I once did some work for Tuppy Owens.

Franko B - amazing performance artist - smoked a few with him as we used to hang out in the same punk hair shop in Camden.

L

Lau

RedTomato said:
John Craven (TV's countryside report) - refused (politely) to autograph stuff, had a bunch of presigned postcards in his pocket and charged us schoolkids 10p each per card.

I always thought John Craven was a nice bloke. :( 10p off schoolkids? The outrage!

Oh, and Mat Fraser is rather attractive, if I may say so. I saw him in something a while back and consequently developed a bit of a crush. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.