Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I bought some anti glare from BB launch day and hated them! Att said they r suppose to get some in. If so I may go that route but I had the speck hard shell on and decided to ditch the whole screen protector idea, the front screen is fine I am only worried about the back and may put one on. It seems to ruin the screen quality on the front. Am I in the minority on this?

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
I bought some anti glare from BB launch day and hated them! Att said they r suppose to get some in. If so I may go that route but I had the speck hard shell on and decided to ditch the whole screen protector idea, the front screen is fine I am only worried about the back and may put one on. It seems to ruin the screen quality on the front. Am I in the minority on this?

It probably comes down to personal preferences. I like the look of the anti-glare screen. Naturally, I choose an anti-glare screen protector over a glossy one any day. You may be different, and that's totally understandable.

I bought a set of ifrogz anti-glare protectors at Best Buy. I honestly don't think their quality is on par with that of the Power Support protectors, but that's good enough for me... for now. :)

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Ya the ifrogz just rubbed me the wrong way. Personal preference your right! Glad to see a few keep their screens naked I am only worried about the back screen for scratches. Off the topic does the bumper rest the phone completely on the table/ground or is there a little lift?? If there is a lift awesome!! If not I may need something for the back, but again like my speck case which I already emailed them about!! I don't want the flash to get messed up. Stupid OCD ah ha!

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I'm covered

I put a Zagg InvisiShield on. Not the least crazy about the rubbery feel of the surface but I'm getting used to it. After a few days I've gotten used to rubbing my nose so as to get some "nose oil lubricant" so my fingers don't skip across the screen. Lol

MacBacker

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
Left Coast, USA
Yeah, I put on an InvisibleShield...front and back. I got the full set that covers the sides, top and bottom but think I'll skip it. To be honest, I may eventually pull it off for an iSkin case like I had on my 3GS.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Ya the ifrogz just rubbed me the wrong way. Personal preference your right! Glad to see a few keep their screens naked I am only worried about the back screen for scratches. Off the topic does the bumper rest the phone completely on the table/ground or is there a little lift?? If there is a lift awesome!! If not I may need something for the back, but again like my speck case which I already emailed them about!! I don't want the flash to get messed up. Stupid OCD ah ha!

Yes, the bumper has a lip to stop the glass of the phone from touching a flat surface.

actionvaughn

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
I bought a cheap screen protector from handhelditems and after trying for days to get it on correctly, I definitely regret it. I'm holding out for Power Support now.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for all the info!! Are there screen protectors made for the back yet anyone know?

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for all the info!! Are there screen protectors made for the back yet anyone know?

yup. Lots of sellers on ebay.
I don't like invisible shield or best skin ever because of that rubbery feel they give!!!
I am O.K. with replacing the cheap ones every month.

Monoprice should be getting theirs soon.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
oh, and I did order some iPhone 4 screen protectors from a US seller, I only got 3.

I wanted to make sure before I bought 10-20 that they have the cut out for the front facing camera.

I think I got the 3 screen protectors for $2.99 shipped

I also ordered some for my 3G, 20 for $9.99 from a US seller

M1Lance

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
I have a bumper with IS on the back. Didn't really like the feel or look of it on the front, but I'll probably get a power support anti-glare when it comes out.

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I put bodyguardz front and back on mine, skipping the sides. I rather like the stickiness, keeps the phone from sliding around and makes it much more secure in the hand. I used to go semi naked less bg but decded for my i's and wallets protection i should case them so broke down and picked up an incase slider for my 3gs.
I only wish apple would stop putting that worthless oliophobic crap on their screens, it wears off in no time so what's the point. I have several light scratches on front and back from "normal" use (no different than that of my 3G/3GS) so bg went on today (just got it in the mail). I am going to get a bumper (this thing is to damn hot to cover with a case) for "total" protection...... That is of course until I drop it in the head :eek:

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I ordered Wrapsol Ultra. We'll see how that goes, and if I don't like it, I'll be going for the Power Support Crystal Film...which I've also used on my 2G and 3G.

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Does anyone have any experience with the Wrapsol ultra?

I never liked the clear screen protectors but thought it would be a good idea to install one... Anyone have any opinion on that specific brand?

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I decided to keep my screen naked with this phone. I am not sure if it is the glass or some other stuff that Apple put on the screen, but I noticed that the screen is not as bad with showing fingerprints as the iPad or previous iPhones were.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I think I'm going to go just bumpers until power support comes out. Then I may throw one on. Depends on if I get a scratch between now and then. If the front really is gorilla glass, I think it should be pretty solid.

I'll be pretty OCD about what goes where in my pockets for a while though. The iPhone will basically get its own pocket, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.