Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
As well as being great computers, iMacs are also very versatile for other things. For example, with a whiteboard marker you now have yourself a wipe clean noticeboard to keep your to do list on!

You don't have to have the computer on, you don't have to open Dashboard to see what you need to do, it's the perfect application!

Attachments

• Photo-0049.jpg
    Photo-0049.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 207

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Does it leave any residue? I would be afraid of residue.

I actually just like that word. Residue. Residue residue.

Residue.

/Residue.

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
I'd be verrrrry afraid to leave it up for more than 20 seconds...if it ever dried I'd crap my pants.

-=|Mgkwho

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'd be verrrrry afraid to leave it up for more than 20 seconds...if it ever dried I'd crap my pants.

It doesn't really dry... or rather it's not a wet thing that dries or is supposed to dye the surface...hence the whole "dry erase" concept. But it does seem to leave marks after a while on whiteboards. I'm not sure what will happen with an iMac. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or some such might be effective, though, even if there are stains....

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
Using a STAEDTLER Lumocolor whiteboard marker, there's no residue when wiped with a very slightly moist tissue. A dry tissue leaves a little, but it can be blown off or wiped with a finger. Don't wipe it all off with your finger, lest ye get a black finger.

I used to keep all my notes on my window, but it was a pain to reach up to and write on the surface. Then the obvious idea of my iMac hit me.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Using a STAEDTLER Lumocolor whiteboard marker, there's no residue when wiped with a very slightly moist tissue. A dry tissue leaves a little, but it can be blown off or wiped with a finger. Don't wipe it all off with your finger, lest ye get a black finger.

What I mean is that, when I look at boards that have been used for several years here at school or in the office, they seem to have some staining... but if it's working, good on you! :)

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
If Jonathan Ive had wanted you to write on your iMac, he would of put a dry erase marker in the box. However, he did not.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
London
What I mean is that, when I look at boards that have been used for several years here at school or in the office, they seem to have some staining... but if it's working, good on you! :)

That's usually because someone in the past has used a permanent marker, or left writing up for ages. My iMac also seems smoother than a whiteboard. But I won't be using it as a note for years, only days.

edit: I also clean it with an obsessive precision when it's time to remove the pen.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Haha yeah I just saw Fluid Mechanics too! I'm a civil engineering student and took fluids as well. Actually I'm no longer a student, I just finished my MS:D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I should get some of those window markers and write myself notes on my glass desk, haha. I would never write on my Mac though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.