Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SogniX

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
damn! people beat me to it! heh :)
Guess I took too long to post. But yeah, donate if you can! I'm a guy so short hair does not look TOO bad on me (heh), so I can cut it right from where I tie it off. :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Devilot-
I didn't know they asked for "unaltered" hair! Bla! Mine is always dyed! (I love RED hair but I only naturally have auburn :( )
Oh well. THEY WILL TAKE MY DYED HAIR AND THEY'LL LIKE IT!

mpw said:

stop it, you. I'll bike to your house and slash your tires.
punk.

/yeah. I'm dedicated
//I will bike
///starts pedaling

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
...stop it, you. I'll bike to your house and slash your tires.
punk.

/yeah. I'm dedicated
//I will bike
///starts pedaling
It's a long ways to pedal. You'll be all sweaty in your tight lycra when you get here.

/yeah I'm dedicated
//goes back to thinking about sweaty lycra
///has shower

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Earlier I posted that I had a fro. Not anymore, I just chopped it.

My head feels so light...its so weird..and awkward.

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
SogniX said:
damn! people beat me to it! heh :)
Guess I took too long to post. But yeah, donate if you can! I'm a guy so short hair does not look TOO bad on me (heh), so I can cut it right from where I tie it off. :)
Hey...that's what I didn't think of. My hair is pretty long, and I never thought about donating it. It's been awfully processed, though. But I will take care of it and keep "donation" in mind. Thanks for reminding me that it may go to good use;)

tangerineyum

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2005
Ontario, CA
As of 3 years ago, I only cut my hair twice a year. Last cut was about a month and a half ago. And i dont me like trim, i almost completely shave it off. About a 2 all around my head. Last year my hair was growing particularly fast and i got it shoulder length! But alas I am short haired again and its about an inch long.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Used to shave my head to the scalp for about a year or so...let it grow out a bit after people would run from me in terror when transversing dark alley ways. :p

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
Waaay ahead of you. I'm coming up on one year w/o a haircut or trim...not so much because I want to grow it out, but I've not felt like paying $10 for a simple haircut in that time (it'd still be $6.50 even at the barber college!). It just about reaches the tip of my chin from my forehead. ;)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
long enough to comb = time for a buzz

As for my goatee (its days are numbered), I usually trim it when one side sticks out more than the other, which is about the length where it reaches my mouth.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
joepunk said:
Over the summer I tried to grow eyebrows similar to Frida Kahlo. Did not work out.
Frida is hot. All women should have beautiful luscious eye brows as hers. What's up with women nowadays plucking themselves naked and then drawing back pencil thin eyebrows?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
katie ta achoo said:
I didn't know they asked for "unaltered" hair! Bla! Mine is always dyed! (I love RED hair but I only naturally have auburn :( )
Oh well. THEY WILL TAKE MY DYED HAIR AND THEY'LL LIKE IT!

[tsk tsk tsk] lies and propoganda :D they accept it as long as it's not damaged. i don't even know what the natural color of my hair was, and i sent them a nearly 2 foot long pony tail which was graciously accepted. i got sick of long hair, the cut i have now has much more personality. so fret not, they'll take it and like it! :p

and to lacero
Frida is hot. All women should have beautiful luscious eye brows as hers. What's up with women nowadays plucking themselves naked and then drawing back pencil thin eyebrows?
sometimes they don't ever really grow back. years ago i got in a fight with the pluckers and the pluckers won (the pluckers always win) and by god i still haven't got the majority of that hair back. (let that be a warning to any of you, don't go nuts thinning your brows) ACK!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Wow, I guess a lot of guys have long hair in this forum... I don't feel like i'm accomplishing anythin' now.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I tried to grow my hair out for over a year. Hair only got down to my chin, and too curly to tuck behind my ears. They got really, really maddening.

So I got a crew cut. Greatest. Haircut. Ever.

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
18 months ... and just a couple of trims to show for it

SamIchi said:
Wow, I guess a lot of guys have long hair in this forum... I don't feel like i'm accomplishing anythin' now
I'd still grow it, and wouldn't worry about the hair length of a group of people you are never likely to ever meet:)

I started to grow mine out to see what happened to the mild timid schoolboy I'd been sporting during this, and the previous 3, lifetimes. .... It turned out to be a bohemian wreck:eek:

Curious thing is that everyone, apart from a couple of sensible-to-the-core dullards, thinks it suits me .... especially the ladies, which I hadn't anticipated, particularly my lass who thinks it rocks.

I did have the longest non-female hair in the building (fringe falling 3 inches below the chin) until we brought in an arm of the business in-house, and with that came some bloke who I suspect is the love child of Brian May and Slash from Guns n' Roses ..... :mad:

Still, King Of The Town was a nice title while it lasted!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Sorry, but nature has decided that my long hair days are over... :eek:

<- Why do you think I wear the hat all the time...? ;)

I really don't want to be one of those guys with a bald head and a pony tail... :rolleyes:

<nostalgia>I wish I still had my long hair... :(</nostalgia>

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Sorry, but nature has decided that my long hair days are over... :eek:

me too *sobs, whilst wistfully stroking empty space where dreads used to once be* :( :( :(

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Men should not have long hair...

...unless you look like this, in which case you can get away with it ;)

L

Lau

dietcokevanilla said:
Men should not have long hair...

I've got to agree with this. I have known some men that looked ok with long hair, but they looked so much better when they cut it off, implying they maybe were unusually attractive in the first place. I don't mind longish hair, but long ponytail type hair <shudders>.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
short hair! short hair! I find it easier to go roller-blading, swimming or jogging with short hair. Once I had long hair, I had to constantly brush my hair away to prevent them from poking my eyes when I was running.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I had long hair (NOT a mullet!!) for about 12 or 13 years since college. Unfortunately, pretty much had to shave it last year as was starting to thin out rapidly - thought I'd beat nature to the punch.

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. People really do seem to treat guys with shaved heads differently, almost as if the lack of hair instantly makes them more dangerous? :eek:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I really don't want to be one of those guys with a bald head and a pony tail... :rolleyes:
What's worst are those guys who are balding at the top or already bald but they grow the hair on the sides of their heads down to their backs. It's gross.

From the back, this guy must be mistaken for a girl. Oooh.

samson4.jpg

To the original poster, you should check out this site for men who want or are growing long hair.
http://the-light.com/longhair/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.