Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
re: guessing about old mac

but then again you could be a kid genius working as a programmer and you are 18-19 and you call yourself old mac because you own an old mac computer

that is my second guess because i know there is something very interesting about you otherwise you would not have asked this forum to guess

my third guess is that you are heavily into the new age belief system and you believe you are an "old" soul

[Edited by jefhatfield on 12-23-2001 at 12:40 AM]

cplmd

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2001
Louisiana
Who am I?

Well, let's see,
I am a 39 year old physician in Louisiana, USA.

I have been using a mac since 1984 when i bought a Mac 128K to type class notes on for a note taking sevice as a freshman in medical school. My roommate and I thought it was neat to put the drawing and text together on a page and print it on the ImageWriter. Desktop publishing wasn't a buzzword then.

Since that time i have lost count of how many macs i have owned or given away to my kids. Pretty much one of each version. Personally i love the TiBook and use it for most things.

I miss my Newton and hope for Apple to fix that gap in their product line. No a palm or pocketPC don't cut it.

Our home and my medical office both have AirPort networks with T1 or DSL or Earthlink SAT connections. It's been fun helping a few of my colleagues roll out AirPorts in their homes as well.

Now if only real ubiquitous computing can take off and make life easier for us all, esp in healthcare, then my two favorite things outside of medicine, Macs and Star Trek will be married.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.