Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobpensik

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2003
Calgary, AB
0 seconds is hard to believe and would be very rare in an automatic watch. You've synched it with atomic time? Please update us again in another week or 2 about how well accurate the time has been, I'm very curious! And I would consider going towards omega if they are really that accurate.

It is sitting at about +1 second at the moment for the last 26 days. It is because i have the COSC certificate and i am able to regulate it so that it keeps almost perfect time. It gains about a second during the day, and then at night i place it face down and it looses a second over the night, hence it keeps pretty much prefect time because i regulate it.

Most SMP keep between +1 to +3 seconds a day. I guess i just got a good one!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
0 seconds is hard to believe and would be very rare in an automatic watch. You've synched it with atomic time? Please update us again in another week or 2 about how well accurate the time has been, I'm very curious! And I would consider going towards omega if they are really that accurate.
Im not a watch expert, but why would you need such an accurate watch? Is that one second really gonna make/break your day? This is not sarcasm - I genuinely didn't know that the "accuracy" of a consumer watch was all that important.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I've already posted in this thread, but I got a Macro lens this weekend for my 5D, and wanted to take some shots of my watch.

daytona.jpg

slick316

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Lots of nice watches here.

Here is a pic of all of my watches:

IMG_0708.JPG

Left: Tag Heuer Link Auto Chrono, bought it in Vegas this January after having a few hot hands :)

Center: Tag Heuer Carrera Auto Twin Time, early birthday present from my Sister (Last year she got me a full set of Nike golf clubs, can't ask for a better big Sister :)

Right: Tag Heuer Aquaracer Auto, it was on sale because I think the Aquaracer line is getting redone soon, and it looks like the Omega pictured a few post above mine (though its not the same, the Omega is nicer, I wish there was an Omega dealer close to where I live).

urge

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
512 U.S.A.
Im not a watch expert, but why would you need such an accurate watch? Is that one second really gonna make/break your day? This is not sarcasm - I genuinely didn't know that the "accuracy" of a consumer watch was all that important.

For a mechanical watch the more accurate the better. I have a automatic that i find annoying because after a week of wear the watch is 3mins off so i constantly have to adjust the watch daily. My Omega on the other hand is a champ, its a true Chronometer and it sits at +-3 seconds a day. Comparing it to my atomic it is 4 seconds fast which is pretty good since I last synced them last week.

Attachments

• DSCN1458.JPG
    DSCN1458.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 140

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY

Left: Tag Heuer Link Auto Chrono, bought it in Vegas this January after having a few hot hands :)

Center: Tag Heuer Carrera Auto Twin Time, early birthday present from my Sister (Last year she got me a full set of Nike golf clubs, can't ask for a better big Sister :)

Right: Tag Heuer Aquaracer Auto, it was on sale because I think the Aquaracer line is getting redone soon, and it looks like the Omega pictured a few post above mine (though its not the same, the Omega is nicer, I wish there was an Omega dealer close to where I live).

I don't like you ;)

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill

I want to meet your sister;) . Such a giver. ;) ;) ;)

BTW, nice watches.:) One of these days I'll get off my duff and post a pic of my Seiko dive watch. I find it hard to believe that nobody's posted a pic of it yet. Cheers

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004

http://homepage.mac.com/mitul316/.Pictures/Tag/IMG_0708.JPG

Nice Tags. I am loving my Tag F1 Chrono, but am thinking about picking up a Carrera soon.

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
I've never met anyone else you has got or even heard of RADO. My parents got me this one for my 21st. I polish it a lot, looks so amazing in the light. I wear it every day, for every occasion. It is an extremely robust watch, not a scratch on it. Keeps amazing time. And people do comment on how nice it is. It doesn't stand out and draw attention to itself to much, but when it catches your eye...

Ill stop blabing now :)

My watch:
2006-11-2953-a.jpg

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I've never met anyone else you has got or even heard of RADO. My parents got me this one for my 21st. I polish it a lot, looks so amazing in the light. I wear it every day, for every occasion. It is an extremely robust watch, not a scratch on it. Keeps amazing time. And people do comment on how nice it is. It doesn't stand out and draw attention to itself to much, but when it catches your eye...

Ill stop blabing now :)

My parents use a his/hers Rado. Got them from Singapore i believe, been using them for almost 6 years now and they're still going strong.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
You guys are right, my sister is great! I should also mention she bought me a new 15" MBP just so she can have my black MB :) I'm in debt to her for life, but I will do something nice for her at her wedding.

In the mean time, more goodies for me, just picked up this bad boy:

IMG_0737.JPG

It is pre owned, but I couldn't resist at the price, there is wear on the watch, but it has character :)

urge

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
512 U.S.A.
New Planet Ocean

Just got this watch today and had to share it. This is my second Omega and I'm thrilled.

Attachments

• DSCN1479.JPG
    DSCN1479.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 160

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I've been looking at this thread for a while now, and after graduating college, I got a nice watch as a gift from my grandparents. It's an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra. I looked at a lot of brands, and decided on this one, because I thought it would be a watch that I would still like and wear in 25 years or so.

Attachments

• Seamaster.jpg
    Seamaster.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 138

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I've been looking at this thread for a while now, and after graduating college, I got a nice watch as a gift from my grandparents. It's an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra. I looked at a lot of brands, and decided on this one, because I thought it would be a watch that I would still like and wear in 25 years or so.

Beautiful watch, and congrats on your graduation.

Where from?

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005

I like your choice. I almost bought the same watch (but with the silver face) when I was in Switzerland last year. It's really a timeless (no pun intended) design.

At the moment I wear a Seiko Sportura:

SNA481.jpg

But I'm looking at purchasing one of these soon:

3255_002_l.jpg

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Here's my Omega Seamaster. I love automatic watches. I used to have a Rolex Submariner, but I sold it. Anyway, love this one :D

Those are nice watches. Yours is back to front though! :)

Just wondering why you sold the Submariner and got a Seamaster though - the Rolex is considered the original dive watch...

Treat Infamy

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
I have been in the watch industry for about 17½ years now. Over this time I have built up a small collection. Kicking of with a simple Seiko and then the Ellesse. After that came my Raymond Weil followed by the TAG Heuer 'Targa Florio' (I haven't seen many of these round over recent years, so I'm looking after it). Finally my Breitling 'Evolution'. Love the colours.

There have been a few watches that have particularly stood out for me that are, at the moment, out of my budget but which I would seriously consider investing in should the opportunity arise. Namely the Ulysse Nardin 'Freak' and the Breguet 'Tradition'. Both stunning watches in style and complexity. As you can see I have had both in my hands which is probably as close as I will get to owning them but we can all dream.

Attachments

• My watches 1989-2007.jpg
    My watches 1989-2007.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Ulysse Nardin 'Freak'.jpg
    Ulysse Nardin 'Freak'.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Breguet 'Tradition'.jpg
    Breguet 'Tradition'.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 134

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Not real expensive Titanium Fossil ($150) but it is the nicest watch I own. I am kinda like iGary.. I totally trash watches. I have had to have the crystal replaced on this one twice already.

TI5060.jpg

I've got that fossil watch along with 3 others, they are great I'd highly recommend them. Fossil has some fantastic designs and they aren't too expensive either.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Does anyone here have experience with Mondaine watches? In particular I'm thinking about this one:
A669.30008.16SBO.jpg

I like the simplicity of the lines; it looks like it would be a good everyday watch. The price is right, too.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Nice
--------
1 Rolex Submariner
1 Breitling
1 Citizen

Cheap
--------
1 JJ
1Quartz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.