Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvam1985

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2011
I'm not sure I understand the logic that naked+AppleCare is a good way to avoid a case. AppleCare is 99 plus 79 for a damage incident. After tax you're looking at a 200 "case" ? Yikes !

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Best of both words here. Naked when I'm at home. Leather case when I leave the house.

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Rock all my iPhones naked. Love the feel of the 6 case-free. I baby my Apple products as much as possible so I'm pretty good with not dropping it and keeping it in good condition. The only time I use a case is at the gym. I'll probably grab a silicon case from Apple for that purpose only.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
I'm not sure I understand the logic that naked+AppleCare is a good way to avoid a case. AppleCare is 99 plus 79 for a damage incident. After tax you're looking at a 200 "case" ? Yikes !

And for some of us that's justified. We get to experience the thing as it was intended.

We're not paying for a "substitute case". We're paying to not use a case at all!!

Matt.Musiol

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
I'm rocking the Apple leather case because it's minimal and really comfortable in the hand with nothing on the screen (I'm a huge believer that screen shields do nothing more than give peace of mind to worrywarts). I normally keep the phone completely naked but really enjoy the new Apple cases. I won't be using anything else :).

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
I'm rocking it naked at the moment but I have a case that's being delivered on Monday. The problem for me is the phone is just too smooth and I can definitely see it flying out of my hands at some point. I dropped my old 5 a lot and thanks to the case it never got banged up.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Naked iPhone crew.
No screen protector crew.
Don't put stuff in the same pocket as my iPhone.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I did for my galaxy. It has a pretty big gash in the bottom. I'll be using a case this time, because over the course of two years, it'll take at least one fall. The leather case is amazingly thin though.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Naked iPhone 6 (grey) + Joli Original Smooth Leather Case in brown with aqua lining + AppleCare+!

This iPhone is waaay to beautiful to put in a case!

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I hope you guys clean out the case daily. Little particles of debris will make your iPhone look worse than any iphone that's never been in a case.

I've never used a case since the 3G. I normally buy an Ikonic Edge leather pouch for when I'm traveling. It also double as a nice soft place to rest my iPhone on.

hNicolas

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I like mine naked, so I bought Apple Care. After the first day I was very careful where I put my phone down and I will need some time to adjust and get used to handling my 6 Plus. Coming from the HTC One M8, I thought it would be easy but this thing is huge, and being anal about not scratching it I went to the Apple store to check out the cases. The Apple black leather case is beautiful and feels great! It is also easy to put on and remove, so it will work out well for occasional use in the near future. Minimal protection, but no added bulk until I get used to the "break-in" period. It's my sixth iPhone but it's always the same story at the beginning. :D

Oh yeah, my Skins for Ever is still in production!

flipn0tic

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Honestly this is probably the least attractive iPhone released yet, so any desire I have to rock it naked is purely for the slimness and the feel.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
At home my iPhone 6 Plus will be naked, but when she goes out with me, she'll be wearing her black leather Apple case. I am really pleased that unlike the earlier Apple leather case (for 5, 5S) this one is easy to put on the iPhone and to remove from it. I am also considering Power Support's clear Air Jacket, too, as years ago for the iPhone 3G/3GS, I had an Air Jacket and really liked it.

How do you take it off? I just took mine off and had to put too much pressure one the phone. But that might just me babying my new device.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
How do you take it off? I just took mine off and had to put too much pressure one the phone. But that might just me babying my new device.

Last year when I bought the Apple leather case for my iPhone 5, I struggled a bit to get the thing on the iPhone, and then as it happened, found myself in the AT&T store and next thing you know I was trading in the iPhone 5 for the iPhone 5s......struggled to get the darned thing off and finally the AT&T sales guy had to do it. New iPhone 5s in front of me, he asked if I wanted to put the case on it, and I immediately said, "NO!" After I was through at AT&T I went right back upstairs to the Apple store and returned that case.

With this in mind, I was a little uncertain about buying the Apple leather case for my new iPhone 6 Plus this year....but didn't want to go running around with her unprotected (last year's solution had eventually been a Sena Pouch for the iPhone 5s).At this point in time, not many choices available yet. Bought the Apple leather case anyway and when I got home with everything, was more than pleasantly surprised at how easily I could put the case on the iPhone and also remove it. In removing it, I start with the lower right-hand corner, pop the iPhone out of it, then the other lower corner....works a treat! iPhone slips gently out of the case and we're in business. So now I've got the best of both worlds: she can be naked at home and then when it's time to leave the house, she's able to wear a protective Apple leather case. :)

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Last year when I bought the Apple leather case for my iPhone 5, I struggled a bit to get the thing on the iPhone, and then as it happened, found myself in the AT&T store and next thing you know I was trading in the iPhone 5 for the iPhone 5s......struggled to get the darned thing off and finally the AT&T sales guy had to do it. New iPhone 5s in front of me, he asked if I wanted to put the case on it, and I immediately said, "NO!" After I was through at AT&T I went right back upstairs to the Apple store and returned that case.

With this in mind, I was a little uncertain about buying the Apple leather case for my new iPhone 6 Plus this year....but didn't want to go running around with her unprotected (last year's solution had eventually been a Sena Pouch for the iPhone 5s).At this point in time, not many choices available yet. Bought the Apple leather case anyway and when I got home with everything, was more than pleasantly surprised at how easily I could put the case on the iPhone and also remove it. In removing it, I start with the lower right-hand corner, pop the iPhone out of it, then the other lower corner....works a treat! iPhone slips gently out of the case and we're in business. So now I've got the best of both worlds: she can be naked at home and then when it's time to leave the house, she's able to wear a protective Apple leather case. :)

Thanks! I too had a case that nearly ruined my 4S to remove. I'm just babying my 6 right now, but that will pass. ;)

I've never liked cases, but the leather has a nice feel? I like it both nude and covered! :mad: I like to pick one or the other. Aww well. First world problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.