Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Can anyone help with this really stupid query?

When I'm working, I always answer my iPhone through my MacMini using Facetime and I make calls that way as well. But suddenly, I can't hear the caller on the other end of the line. There is no problem with the speakers because they are working perfectly well. So is the external microphone. And if i pick up my iPhone I can switch on the phone speaker, hear the person calling me and continue the call.

My phone still rings and I can answer it on screen by clicking on the "answer" icon, so I seem to have the right preferences clicked on both my iPhone and my Macmini. I just can't hear anyone the other end. Any solutions, anyone?

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Yes, I tried that. And the phone is configured to work with my Macmini and still does. I have just taken a call and the caller could hear me perfectly well, so the microphone on the MacMini is working. If I go to the speaker icon on my iphone, it says I'm speaking via my Macmini, so the iphone and the Macmini are connected.

Everything is working apart from the speaker...except that if I click on Youtube and play a film there, the speaker is working fine. For some reason - and only recently - the speaker has sunndely stopped allowing me to hear people who are calling me on my iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.