Why can't I print in color?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hmbalmer, Aug 13, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

My iMac will only print in black and white. I can't find any setting to fix the problem. I know it's a computer problem because I have hooked the iMac up to more than one color printer but only prints in black and white. Where else can I look?

2. macrumors newbie

is your document in color? there is no place to change this on the mac because the only settings you get for printers is through the actual printer that's connected to your computer.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Photos and other work that has color only prints black and white, no matter what printer I use.:confused::confused::confused:

4. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

What application are you printing from?
    What OS version are you using?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Any app. Word, Pages, Ppt, etc.

[​IMG]

Print preview shows color as it should be, but then it prints black and white. I would think it's a printer issue except it happens on multiple printers.

6. macrumors 601

You can tell the printer to print a color page in black & white. Is it possible that this is what is going on? Otherwise, I'm baffled.

7. macrumors regular

babyt

are you 100% you have colored ink left in the catridge?

8. macrumors 65816

emptyCup

In the Print Dialog box Select "Print Settings from the lowest drop down menu (the one that usually says "Copies & Pages"). Under Print Settings there should be another drop down menu that allows you to select Color or Black & White.

If this was your problem, select Color and any other settings you want and then select Save under the "Presets" drop down menu. Call this preset "Color" save another preset for "Black & White" and you will never have to worry about this again.