Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Can anyone solve this problem? I want to send an email via either my iPhone or my iPad to list in my Mac contacts. The usual blue envelope that you click to send an email to everyone in a list is grayed out. I suspect that is because there are too many people in the list - around. 150. Is there a maximum number of people I can send and email to in a list and, if so, is there a workaround?

tensixturtle

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2021
Kepler 22b
I'm not exactly sure what would be the cause -- are there perhaps contacts in the list without a valid email address? Have you tried typing in the name of the Contact List directly into the recipient field of the email instead of going through the Contacts app?

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
That's definitely not the problem because, if I compose a message on my Mac to the same group using my email client - I use Thunderbird - there is no problem. Neither is there a problem if I try to compose a message on my iPad or iPhone to one of my other groups in Mac contacts - the little envelope is blue, not grey. But Mac contacts on iPad or iPhone seems to stop you sending a message to a group of contacts over a certain size. Does anyone have a workaround, apart from the laborious one of creating new, smaller groups?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.