Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
That's nice, so Apple is enforcing obsolescence by banning PPC hybrid apps from their store. Classy.

More like enforcing innovation. Five years in technology is obsolete for every company, not just Apple.

Guys, the majority of computers I see in my day to day encounters are 5 years old or more! WTH? lol.

Yup and they can run 5 year old software just fine.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I have a MBP (2007) and upgraded it's HD to 500GB. It's very easy to do it yourself, if you have the patience and skills. I don't foresee replacing it any time soon, unless I start loosing functionality.

Squeeze as much life out of your G5, or use it as a server. You could connect an external monitor and keyboard and mouse to your MBP as I do.
Since I got the iPad, my MBP is working more like a desktop than a notebook.

I've just done the same with mine, yesterday in fact, and can't believe how much better it's running. I'd used around 150 GB and it had got really sluggish.

I should amend that - I'd got the new 500 GB HD, cloned the original, then realised that my MBP was a 2007 model, not a 2008. (Doesn't time fly, etc. etc. :)) Looking at what was involved with this model I got cold feet and took it in to an Apple premium reseller who did the job for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.