Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
hob said:
Thing is, I like my numbers! I work hard on posting so I can reach 1,000 posts and get the next rank up... If I was a god, it would just say god. I want numbers! (sorry, not the most high-quality/coherent post i've ever made...)
You could just PM a "god" like Mudbug and he could reinstate your #'s rank in place of contributor/demi-god/-dess.

Applespider

macrumors G4
mpw said:
Aren't most people demi-gods, contributor, and moderators now? Is it just me or does it seem like the ratio of plain member to deities seem to be changing so that every other post is from the elite?

Well, you couldn't join for a few months so I suspect the ratio has increased from what it was earlier this year.

And I think with so many Demis in BV-guise, we're a little more obvious at the moment when you run your eye down a list of names.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
iMeowbot said:
No such thing :D
You know, I'm not going to dignify your comment with a response.

Edit: I just realized I did. You won't be so lucky next time, iMeowBot!!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
njmac said:
I hope there is still something fun going on in there when I contribute. :)
There's always something fun going on there.

But keep in mind, this isn't an attempt by the demi's to be elitist snobs or something (although some of us can't help it :)) - it's just a way to show that contributing not only helps maintain the site and all that normal stuff, it also opens the door to some other entertaining things.

We won't hold it against anyone who can't/doesn't want to contribute.

At least as far as you know. ;)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
devilot76 said:
You could just PM a "god" like Mudbug and he could reinstate your #'s rank in place of contributor/demi-god/-dess.
Nice! I never knew.

My first purchase with my upcoming Student Loan...! :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I can always use a new math project, so I will attempt to compute the odds that all of these members have changed to similar avatars coincidentally. This could just be a fluke!

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
emw said:
There's always something fun going on there.

But keep in mind, this isn't an attempt by the demi's to be elitist snobs or something (although some of us can't help it :)) - it's just a way to show that contributing not only helps maintain the site and all that normal stuff, it also opens the door to some other entertaining things.

We won't hold it against anyone who can't/doesn't want to contribute.

At least as far as you know. ;)
I have money to contribute (I've been meaning to for sometime now). How do I go about it? I know for a while, the site wasn't taking contributions. :eek:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Plymouthbreezer said:
I have money to contribute (I've been meaning to for sometime now). How do I go about it? I know for a while, the site wasn't taking contributions. :eek:
Click User CP in the menu bar, then click Paid Subscriptions.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Plymouthbreezer said:
User CP --> Paid Subscriptions. Hope to see you there Plymouth...:D

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
MacNut said:
How does PayPal work exactly.

You can sign up with them and tie your CC to your PayPal account. Then, when you use PayPal to, uhm, pay, the amount will be taken from your CC. Think of them as a gateway of sort. That way only PayPal will know your CC information and not the the Shady Business you're paying to. ;)

It might also be possible to use PayPal to pay, if you have a CC, without signing up. I'm not sure about this one.

Hope I wasn't too confusing... :eek:

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
dubbz said:
It might also be possible to use PayPal to pay, if you have a CC, without signing up. I'm not sure about this one.
When I signed up in May, I was able to use a CC through PayPal without actually signing up with them. I would think it will still work.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
dubbz said:
Think of them as a gateway of sort. That way only PayPal will know your CC information and not the the Shady Business you're paying to. ;)
So how does the site know who is paying if PP isn't giving any information.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
MacNut said:
So how does the site know who is paying if PP isn't giving any information.
They get your name and your e-mail address. And also a shipping address if you provide one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.