Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
When I boot my computer (either restarting or just booting from being off) it always starts up in Windows, unless I hold down the option key and choose Mac. I only go into Windows once in a while, and would like to just press the power button to get into Mac OSX. Now, I have to press the power button, hold the option button for 5 seconds then choose Mac.

Any ideas?

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I went into Mac System Prefs, even though I thought I'd been there before, but I just clicked on "Mac OSX" and tested it out and it worked. Both with a restart and shut down. I'm feelin pretty dumb haha.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Yeah, I believe Bootcamp changes the default boot partition for the windows install to work. Though I wished the Driver CD would change it back.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
7on said:
Yeah, I believe Bootcamp changes the default boot partition for the windows install to work. Though I wished the Driver CD would change it back.

I'm surprised Apple has allowed this. Not the best way to get those 'new because-of-boot-camp switchers' used to using OS X. But then again, we are running windows on a mac. :p

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
thewhitehart said:
I'm surprised Apple has allowed this. Not the best way to get those 'new because-of-boot-camp switchers' used to using OS X. But then again, we are running windows on a mac. :p

I'm sure it will be fixed. It totally doesn't make sense to have winBlows be the default OS. :mad: :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.